2 replies to this topic

#1 sidneyd

sidneyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Hi All,

I have some footage which I recorded using a sony camcorder and I am trying to edit it. The clips were recorded in hd, however when I try to play it back in editor the clips are very jerky. Is there a way of lowering the resloution of the clips, or is this down to pc speed?

Thanks

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:20 AM

View Postsidneyd, on 17 June 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Hi All,

I have some footage which I recorded using a sony camcorder and I am trying to edit it. The clips were recorded in hd, however when I try to play it back in editor the clips are very jerky. Is there a way of lowering the resloution of the clips, or is this down to pc speed?

Thanks

Perhaps but before you buy a new computer, it might be simply your video card/chip.  What do you have and when did you last update the drivers?  What computer and computer model do you have.

What is the format of the files from that camcorder.  It is always best to post the specific model because someone may have that exact model or had experience with it and would be more helpful.  It is also very helpful if you would put your computer specs in your signature as others have done.

As you see, if you want to shorten the Q and A part of the thread, the more information we get up front, the happier we'll both be ! :P

As a work around, you could try using Video Copy and Convert to convert the clips to a lower resolution.  Find that in the Video/Movies tab.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:13 AM

In addition to what was posted above, while you can reduce the resolution, and it may make the editor preview smoother, what you ultimately want is to edit your HD video, not a reduced resolution version.  (Unless you're aiming for a lower resolution product in the end.)  So reducing the resolution to make the editor preview smoother isn't editing your original video. Hope that makes sense.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users