Roxio Community

Why Did It Take 13+ Hours To Burn A Divx Disc?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ichimj

ichimj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

I have Toast Titanium 7.0 on Mac OS 10.5.8 and last night for the first time I decided to burn a DivX disc. I thought it would take about as long as a normal disc. I started it at 2300, and by the time I went to bed around 0100 it was still going. I woke up at 0530 and it wasn't even half way through! Now it is almost 1300, FOURTEEN hours later, and it's only just gone to the verification stage. Is this normal for a DivX disc? It has 6 hours and 15 minutes of video on it. I'm not running anything else except Firefox. Now the disc is done, it works on my TV and my MacBook.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,225 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

So the encoding took a little more than 2 hours for every hour of video. The speed depends on the speed of your Mac, the amount of RAM, and the format of the source video. You might try the DivX encoder available from DivX to use as a comparison. I'm wondering why you didn't apply any of the many Toast 7 update when they were available. Using .0 of any version of Toast is using a pretty buggy application. Unfortunately those updates are no longer available from Roxio. Maybe you can find them elsewhere.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users