• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 moosemuffs

moosemuffs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

I have Sonic DigitalMedia Plus V7.  Whenever I try to copy a Word, Excel or other documents to a CD-RW they always end up as "read-only" files.  In that way I can never retrieve, modify and then re-save to the CD.  If I try to change the attributes by unchecking the "read only" box it comes up and says error in changing the properties.  How do I eliminate always copying as a read only file?

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,375 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

View Postmoosemuffs, on 01 July 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I have Sonic DigitalMedia Plus V7.  Whenever I try to copy a Word, Excel or other documents to a CD-RW they always end up as "read-only" files.  In that way I can never retrieve, modify and then re-save to the CD.  If I try to change the attributes by unchecking the "read only" box it comes up and says error in changing the properties.  How do I eliminate always copying as a read only file?

If you copy that file from the CD-RW, to your hard drive, you can edit the hard drive file to your heart's content, then burn it to the CD again.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users