• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 muddystream

muddystream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I am having an issue with Streamer. When I click on Navigate to My Roxio Streamer, it brings up the login page BUT without the box for the Streamer name. The User name  and password boxes are there but below it says that there is no match for that username etc. This is before I have even entered those details. So I uninstalled everything
However, if I go to the Streamer agent (by way of clicking the little speckled blue circle)and click on "Open Roxio Streamer application" then a black window comes up in my browser with icons for Albums, Media Library and Preferences. However, the Streamer agent context menu is telling me that I am logged out.

Most of the posts are for people who have Creator11 discs. I downloaded from the Roxio online store. I am having an issue with Streamer. When I click on Navigate to My Roxio Streamer, it brings up the login page BUT without the box for the Streamer name. The User name  and password boxes are there but below it says that there is no match for that username etc. This is before I have even entered those details. So I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled taking careful note of my  Streamer name, User name and password. Now I click on Navigate to Roxio Streamer and a window called Login to your Roxio Streamer Home Server comes up. No box for my Streamer name, just 2 boxes for User name and password. I enter NMmedia and my password but get this message “No match for that username. Please verify your username and try again.” My password is correct and when I had to enter it twice on the install so it was verified.
However, if I go to the Streamer agent by clicking on the speckled blue circle)and click on "Open Roxio Streamer application" then a black window comes up in my browser with icons for Albums, Media Library and Preferences. In the top right corner it says "Logged in as: NMmedia " which is correct and to the right of that it says "Sign out".I would, therefore think that I was logged in
. However, the Streamer agent context menu is telling me that I am logged out. If I also click on “Explore my Roxio Streamer folders” a Windows Security box comes up saying
“Enter Network Password
Enter your password to connect to: 10.0.0.16
10.0.0.16 is correct – that was the address given for the Streamer when I filled out name/password details on installation.  Below that it asks for:
a User name and password and below that it says:
Domain: NBM-V3500 (which is the name of my laptop) and below that a white cross on a small red circle saying:
“ Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password”. But I have not even entered a User name or a password.Also what is a Network password. I don't have a Network Password or is it referring to my Roxio Streamer password? Why is it that software instructions are often so opaque and leave users floundering? Can anyone please offer help as to what is going on?

#2 Roby!

Roby!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

When you click on the Agent -> Explore my Streamer folders and it asks for a password, you must enter your Roxio Streamer username/password in the box.

The Agent's "logged in" status won't be updated if you login via roxiostreamer.com, don't confuse the 2 statuses.  If you can see the Roxio Streamer homepage with the Media Library buttons and such, you are logged in successfully.

If you choose the Agent -> Browse Streamer Application and you only get 2 login boxes, enter your Streamer's username and password.  The reason you're not asked for your Streamer name is because you're doing a local login.

Cheers,
Roby!

#3 Nick**

Nick**

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostRoby!, on 14 September 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

When you click on the Agent -> Explore my Streamer folders and it asks for a password, you must enter your Roxio Streamer username/password in the box.

The Agent's "logged in" status won't be updated if you login via roxiostreamer.com, don't confuse the 2 statuses.  If you can see the Roxio Streamer homepage with the Media Library buttons and such, you are logged in successfully.

If you choose the Agent -> Browse Streamer Application and you only get 2 login boxes, enter your Streamer's username and password.  The reason you're not asked for your Streamer name is because you're doing a local login.

Cheers,
Roby!

I tried this, but when I try to log on, it asks for both my streamer name and my username. My username and my user are both Nickthegoatboy and my password works online, but when I try to login from my desktop, it says UNABLE TO LOGIN TO "NICKTHEGOATBOY" AS USER "NICKTHEGOATBOY"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users