Nikhil

Roxio Burn Failed To Burn This Disc(Extended Erroe 0X80041024)

Question

I just purchased Dell XPS 15 and Roxio Creator Starter came with the Laptop.

Yesterday I tried burning a DVD for the first time, (su I can read DVDs) and I get the error .. Roxio Burn failed to burn this disc (Extended error 0x80041024). I went to supportupdates.roxio.com and downloaded the patch rbcujan10.exe but the same says "Suuport cannot find valid version of this software for update" .. I am at sea... I have a valid license from Roxio and so how i get around this problem.

Please help.

Nikhil

3 answers to this question

I just purchased Dell XPS 15 and Roxio Creator Starter came with the Laptop.

Yesterday I tried burning a DVD for the first time, (su I can read DVDs) and I get the error .. Roxio Burn failed to burn this disc (Extended error 0x80041024). I went to supportupdates.roxio.com and downloaded the patch rbcujan10.exe but the same says "Suuport cannot find valid version of this software for update" .. I am at sea... I have a valid license from Roxio and so how i get around this problem.

Please help.

Nikhil

Actually you "License" (key) is from Dell. They had a early version of the software modified so it would work the way they wanted on their computers. Dell supplies all the support especially if it is a problem that includes a hardware issue (burning).

Double check what you bought, not all optical drives will burn to a DVD. There are some that will play DVDs but will not burn to them.

Are you trying to burn a double layer disc? Read this (link) it might be applicable.

What are you trying to burn to the DVD? Any DRM issues (commercial content)?

I have the same error

I think It is double layer disc written on the disc (DL)

I try to burn some movies and series

I found 7.70 Gb burned to disc the rest of the files is not burned

Also I have dell laptop INSPIRON and Roxio Creator Starter came with it .

please help

Read the 1 st sentence in post #2 (contact Dell).