Question

Bad luck on install,

My system reboots on launch of program.

I have tried a clean install several times......no luck.

I'm running the following:

AMD 3800+ 512 dual core

MB is Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

RAM 2 GB

XP Home SP2

Video EVGA Nvidia 7300 GS 512 (PCIE)

CPU idle @ 2 and overclock @ 2.8 (NO DIFFERENCE IN RESULTS).

The program will run on my old system a P4 2.4 with ram at 1 meg with poor results (heat problems).

Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I :) 5 :D:huh:

32 answers to this question

Bad luck on install,

My system reboots on launch of program.

I have tried a clean install several times......no luck.

I'm running the following:

AMD 3800+ 512 dual core

MB is Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

RAM 2 GB

XP Home SP2

Video EVGA Nvidia 7300 GS 512 (PCIE)

CPU idle @ 2 and overclock @ 2.8 (NO DIFFERENCE IN RESULTS).

The program will run on my old system a P4 2.4 with ram at 1 meg with poor results (heat problems).

Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

I :) 5 :D:huh:

You have some issues with the computer, because it should run the program with no problems at all. What other burning software do you have installed, and if you have more than 3 or 4 icons in your task bar, you have way too much running at start up.

You have some issues with the computer, because it should run the program with no problems at all. What other burning software do you have installed, and if you have more than 3 or 4 icons in your task bar, you have way too much running at start up.

Thanks Bruce,

I've been struggling with this problem for a while, and have pretty well stripped everything out of the system, on the up-side it boots pretty fast now, but is not producing in the video market. I've tried the install procedure(s) recommended by Roxio and still have the same results "launch and reboot". Physical memory is at Total 2096364/Available 1646424/System Cache 303400. The taskbar is running McAfee, Quicktime, Nvidia and standard MS stuff.

I'll try cutting out McAfee and see what happens.

IO550

By the By also Vet 69-72

Thanks Bruce,

I've been struggling with this problem for a while, and have pretty well stripped everything out of the system, on the up-side it boots pretty fast now, but is not producing in the video market. I've tried the install procedure(s) recommended by Roxio and still have the same results "launch and reboot". Physical memory is at Total 2096364/Available 1646424/System Cache 303400. The taskbar is running McAfee, Quicktime, Nvidia and standard MS stuff.

I'll try cutting out McAfee and see what happens.

IO550

By the By also Vet 69-72

Keep the McAfee, and keep all of the other stuff from starting up by going to msconfig, and unchecking the items in Startup.

Keep the McAfee, and keep all of the other stuff from starting up by going to msconfig, and unchecking the items in Startup.

grandpabruce,

Still no luck with the msconfig idea, when I lauch the program ....instant reboot. I'll keep trying, and see what happens. On the the other side I also tried brand x and althought their product will launch it won't capture but will edit ok. The windows program functions but is pretty limited in relation to Mydvd. Darn'it I know it should work on this system, I'm just missing something.

IO550

grandpabruce,

Still no luck with the msconfig idea, when I lauch the program ....instant reboot. I'll keep trying, and see what happens. On the the other side I also tried brand x and althought their product will launch it won't capture but will edit ok. The windows program functions but is pretty limited in relation to Mydvd. Darn'it I know it should work on this system, I'm just missing something.

IO550

Well that's a rocking system you have there...it shouldn't even break a sweat running this program so I have to say it shouldn't matter what you have running at startup.

To cause a system to crash (boot) when initiating, all I can think of at the moment (don't think I'm right on this...it's just a suggestion)...is that it might possibly have to do with the Data Execution Prevention settings. Maybe..just maybe windows sees this program as a problem and is shutting down to prevent a perceived disaster (wrongly).

Head for system -advanced- performance settings and "allow" the program.

good luck in any case

Just on the offchance - you don't have a formatted disc in one of the drives, do you?

(If so, remove, and carefully put it somewhere else, such as the trashcan.)

Lynn

Well that's a rocking system you have there...it shouldn't even break a sweat running this program so I have to say it shouldn't matter what you have running at startup.

To cause a system to crash (boot) when initiating, all I can think of at the moment (don't think I'm right on this...it's just a suggestion)...is that it might possibly have to do with the Data Execution Prevention settings. Maybe..just maybe windows sees this program as a problem and is shutting down to prevent a perceived disaster (wrongly).

Head for system -advanced- performance settings and "allow" the program.

good luck in any case

THanks Vid2man97,

I'll try checking that also when I get home, everything is worth a try!

IO550

Just on the offchance - you don't have a formatted disc in one of the drives, do you?

(If so, remove, and carefully put it somewhere else, such as the trashcan.)

Lynn

Thank you for the idea, I'll check on it.

Best Regards,

IO550

Still dead in the water....

The system still just reboots on program launch.

Processor AMD 3800+ dual core 512/512

MB A8n32-sli-deluxe with Nvida Gforce 4 AMD/Hammer

Ram 2 gb PC3200 DDR SRAM

Sata 250 GB drive (non-raid)

Video card EVGA 7300 GS 512

Windows DEP not a factor

Still looking for ideas.

IO550

Still dead in the water....

The system still just reboots on program launch.

Processor AMD 3800+ dual core 512/512

MB A8n32-sli-deluxe with Nvida Gforce 4 AMD/Hammer

Ram 2 gb PC3200 DDR SRAM

Sata 250 GB drive (non-raid)

Video card EVGA 7300 GS 512

Windows DEP not a factor

Still looking for ideas.

IO550

Update drivers, BIOS.

Anything in the event viewer? (Start/Run/eventvwr.msc<Return>). Any errors may give a clue.

How 'bout turning off Automatic Reboot in System Properties (Start/Run/sysdm.cpl<Return>, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings button, uncheck "Automatically restart"). If you see the BSOD, then write down the error code and any files mentioned.

Turn down hardware acceleration (Advanced Display Settings, Troubleshoot tab).

Just some troubleshooting suggestions...

Lance

Update drivers, BIOS.

Anything in the event viewer? (Start/Run/eventvwr.msc<Return>). Any errors may give a clue.

How 'bout turning off Automatic Reboot in System Properties (Start/Run/sysdm.cpl<Return>, Advanced tab, Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings button, uncheck "Automatically restart"). If you see the BSOD, then write down the error code and any files mentioned.

Lance

Hi Lance,

I ran through a few program launch failures and got the following:

The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:

The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced.

The IP address lease 192.168.1.104 for the Network Card with network address 00173101C882 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DEEPBLUE that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{DB5D5CFB-FFD0-4FF2-. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a8cbd924, parameter2 426e5963, parameter3 a8cbd898, parameter4 00000001.

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a93bf924, parameter2 7068d963, parameter3 a93bf898, parameter4 00000001.

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a8ae9924, parameter2 49ef6963, parameter3 a8ae9898, parameter4 00000001.

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DEEPBLUE that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{DB5D5CFB-FFD0-4FF2-. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

There were a few repetetions which I'll try to follow-up on.

I haven't given up yet...

IO550

Update drivers, BIOS.

Lance

Hi Lance,

The IP address lease 192.168.1.104 for the Network Card with network address 00173101C882 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a8cbd924, parameter2 426e5963, parameter3 a8cbd898, parameter4 00000001.

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a93bf924, parameter2 7068d963, parameter3 a93bf898, parameter4 00000001.

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 a8ae9924, parameter2 49ef6963, parameter3 a8ae9898, parameter4 00000001.

There were a few repetetions which I'll try to follow-up on.

IO550

Hi Lance,

IThe master browser has received a server announcement from the computer DEEPBLUE that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{DB5D5CFB-FFD0-4FF2-. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

IO550

I did some googling for DEEPBLUE. Among other things, it is a company that hosts webs; nothing else even looks familiar. Do you use them for your personal web or do you know someone who might have used them. Is there anyone who could have gone to a web site that could be hosted by DEEPBLUE. I'm not an expert but it looks like your computer is trying to access either the web pages or ????

Edited by sknis

Try disconnecting from the internet and booting.IPSEC is an XP service for communicating with a server (i think).You might have picked up a virus that's trying to log you on somewhere.Also try running your virus program.

Try disconnecting from the internet and booting.IPSEC is an XP service for communicating with a server (i think).You might have picked up a virus that's trying to log you on somewhere.Also try running your virus program.

I gave it a try, ran McAfee anti-virus, Windows Defender, Spybot all came back OK. Still trying....

IO550

Hi Lance,

<snip>

The bad news for both of us is that "Error code 000000fc" is associated with reboot errors on the A8N series of motherboards. Google for it then try looking for or posting your problem and complete error code with parameters to your motherboard manufacturer user forums. It's bad for me since I just recommended the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mb to a friend for video editing.

I would not suspect the others as the cause of reboots:

DEEPBLUE must be the name of a computer on your home network. If it's not then this needs serious investigation.

IPSEC is not used by most users. It can be turned off by running Start/Run/services.msc. Find "IPSEC Services", right-click, select Properties and set the Startup type to "Manual". Sometimes VPN software will use this.

Looks like your router & computer are having a little problem settling on a IP address. This could cause problems getting on the internet and using your home network. You should look into getting this fixed soon.

[edit] Just thought of something...I wonder if RoxWatch is causing a problem? Can you stop these processes and then try starting up MyDVD:

RoxWatchTray.exe

RoxWatch.exe

RoxLiveShare.exe

RoxUpnpServer.exe

RoxUpnpRenderer.exe

RoxMediaDB.exe

Alternately, just uninstall Media Manager?[/edit]

Please let us know what you find out.

Lance

Edited by lehill

Found something that might help:

0x000000FC (ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886348/en-us

Just for kicks, try turning off Data Execution Prevention in the BIOS and try starting MyDVD again. If this solves the problem then one of the executables or drivers for MyDVD is causing the reboot. This is not an uncommon problem, what's unusual is that you're not getting an error window popping up.

Lance

Edited by lehill

. . . what's unusual is that you're not getting an error window popping up.
I suffered for weeks before a window finally popped up pointing me to Data Execution Prevention. One popup in many, many failures. Go figure . . .

I suffered for weeks before a window finally popped up pointing me to Data Execution Prevention. One popup in many, many failures. Go figure . . .

I wonder...do you run a motherboard with hardware DEP? Maybe that's makes it harder for Windows to find out about these errors.

My Intel D875PBZ doesn't support hardware DEP so I use Windows DEP. I often get pop-up DEP errors with Roxio software - makes it easy to add things to the DEP "Allowed" list.

Lance

I wonder...do you run a motherboard with hardware DEP? Maybe that's makes it harder for Windows to find out about these errors.
Mine was just the XP system DEP but that's definitely something that io550 should investigate.

Mine was just the XP system DEP but that's definitely something that io550 should investigate.

My best to everyone,

I appreciate the input and I'm working my way throught the list. I did run antispyware again and virus scans with etrust and mcafee. The DeepBlue issue has not reappered. Well on to DEP.

Thanks Much,

IO550

Well,

DeepBlue is my youngest son, so... not an a hostile takeover??? Or at least unknown.

But..

Error 7023 seem to be the reocurring problem after the uncommanded reboot

Well, at least the "Games Afoot" and with any ideas maybe will we'll cure theis beast.

In hope,

IO550

My Intel D875PBZ doesn't support hardware DEP so I use Windows DEP. I often get pop-up DEP errors with Roxio software - makes it easy to add things to the DEP "Allowed" list.

Lance

Hi Lance,

Still flogging it. I narrowed it down to:

Details

Product: Windows Operating System

Event ID: 7023

Source: Service Control Manager

Version: 5.0

Component: System Event Log

Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED

Message: The %1 service terminated with the following error:

%2

Explanation

The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the message. The service closed safely.

User Action

To troubleshoot the error:

Review the error information displayed in the message.

To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered, at the command prompt, type

sc query service name

The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

Version: 5.2

Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED

Message: The %1 service terminated with the following error:

%2

Explanation

The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the message. The service closed safely.

User Action

To troubleshoot the error:

Review the error information displayed in the message.

To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered, at the command prompt, type

sc query service name

The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Knowledge Base articles

You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:

• You cannot start the Windows Firewall service in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Describes that you cannot start Windows Firewall after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2. This article provides steps for troubleshooting startup problems with the Windows Firewall service.

• Adding or removing a program may generate Event ID 7023

When you add or remove a program by using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, the following event may appear in the system log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event ID: 7023 Description: The Application Management...

• You cannot create a network connection after you restore Windows XP

Fixes a problem with a restored installation of Windows XP SP1 that cannot create a network connection.

• When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer

Describes a fix for an issue in Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) where the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer System log when you disable the Windows Firewall service.

with as a leadin:

But.....

on the other hand I just logged this:

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 b03b3924, parameter2 45dbb963, parameter3 b03b3898, parameter4 00000001.

3 times in less than 3 seconds.

I will continue the effort.

Thanks Again

IO550

Is Deep Blue using your computer?

I wish he was...

But I did set IPSEC Services to manual and that error went away, strangely all the start-up errors went away from "event viewer for "application, system and security", but still stranger still instant reboot on program launch, also I checked for the Roxio programs that Lance suggested and none were to be found???

Still trying,

IO550

Thank You All,

Many excellent ideas, but I'm at the dead end. I guess that it must be an incompatability of the software with the 3800+ dual core. I ran all the suggestions (several times) updated the chipset and bios, across the board. The Dep issues software and hardware had no effect, virus issues and spyware were not factors. Interestly the only software issues were Mydvd6 and the intervideo product, everything else "no problem" but just not effective for video capture.

I just can't go the money right now for another CPU (AMD 64 3800) but prices are falling so maybe in a week or two.

I keep checking for ideas, and will post any breakthrough.

Best to all,

IO550

I wish he was...

But I did set IPSEC Services to manual and that error went away, strangely all the start-up errors went away from "event viewer for "application, system and security", but still stranger still instant reboot on program launch, also I checked for the Roxio programs that Lance suggested and none were to be found???

Still trying,

IO550

Interesting turn of events, I tried load and run of "Age of Empires III", it errored on the video card "no memory available", so I checked the AMD site and found and update for video, and now "Age II" works fine, but DVD6 still just causes a reboot....

Darn it.

IO550