• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toms190

toms190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Being there is no thread for Toast 9, I'm posting my inquiry here.
I'm running Toast 9 Titanium on a Mac OSX 10.5.8.

The issue I am having is that after I burn a dvd of photo's, after the burn, when I put the dvd into the computer it doesnt show up on the desktop as a DVD as it should, instead Toast opens again, like its sensing a blank DVD, but indeed the disc has been burned successfully, so data has been written to the DVD.
Any ideas what could be going on?

My burn settings are, Data for mac and pc.
Burn speed, best.

Edited by toms190, 15 July 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,428 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

The Toast 9 forum is in the Legacy Mac Apps area so I'll move your topic there when I've finished writing a reply. What you're describing is very strange. Can you see that information did get written to the DVD by seeing how it looks different on the disc surface? If you choose Disc Info from Toast's Recorder menu what does it report about the disc?

What I'm wondering is if "Use Simulation Mode" was checked in the Advanced tab of the Recorder Settings window. In that case everything acts as if the disc is burning except the drive's laser is turned off. Other than that I'm bewildered about the issue you're having.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 toms190

toms190

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

View Posttsantee, on 15 July 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

The Toast 9 forum is in the Legacy Mac Apps area so I'll move your topic there when I've finished writing a reply. What you're describing is very strange. Can you see that information did get written to the DVD by seeing how it looks different on the disc surface? If you choose Disc Info from Toast's Recorder menu what does it report about the disc?

What I'm wondering is if "Use Simulation Mode" was checked in the Advanced tab of the Recorder Settings window. In that case everything acts as if the disc is burning except the drive's laser is turned off. Other than that I'm bewildered about the issue you're having.
Tsantee,
Yes you can actually see the burn marks on the surface of the DVD, I checked the settings you referred to, "use simulation mode" is unchecked, attached is a screen shot of what disc info says about the disc. even though data is on the disc, the info says empty disc.

Attached Files

Edited by toms190, 19 July 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,428 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

View Posttoms190, on 19 July 2011 - 10:29 AM, said:

Tsantee,
Yes you can actually see the burn marks on the surface of the DVD, I checked the settings you referred to, "use simulation mode" is unchecked, attached is a screen shot of what disc info says about the disc. even though data is on the disc, the info says empty disc.
That's very interesting. And baffling. I suggest trying again with DVD-R media to see if it may be a media-reliability issue. What I'm guessing is that the disc didn't get closed at the end of the burning process. If it was burned on a PC I might be able to explain that but not when burned on a Mac with Toast.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users