• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PJRoffe

PJRoffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

I have Roxio Creator 11. I want to burn an MP3 CD but when I drag the 250 songs, they're in alphabetical order. My old version had a shuffle option.  I can't find it in this version of Roxio. Other than manually shifting the songs around, how can I get the songs out of order ? Or am I missing something ?

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

That's a Windows thing - mp3s are data files and Windows will always rearrange them 'in order'

The workround is to rename the files alphanumerically

001 Track 1
002 Track 2
etc
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,802 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

I just tried to see your issue and could not duplicate it.  What application are you using?  Use "Create Music Disc Projects".  Select to make a mp3/wmv disc.

I just dragged about 40 pieces to the window and they went in in the order that were in my file folder. Do you see that?

When you go to burn the disc, make sure that you select to rename the files to keep them in the correct order.   Do that by selecting "Project Settings".  You'll see the wording about half way down in the window that opens.

Edit;  I just now tried it in " "Burn mp3 cds"  and they went in the correct order; not alphabetically.  You do not have the option to rename the files to assure the playback order.    I do know that on the cd they will be burned in alphabetical order.

In earlier version, "Creator Classic" handled the audio work also.  It will do data files which is what mp3 files are.  By chance are you trying to use that application?  

Look also at your music tags and not the names.  They may be different and may be giving you some issues.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 PJRoffe

PJRoffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for that sknis - I can now see what to do. Much appreciated.
Whilst I was waiting for feedback, I produced exactly what I wanted via ITunes so now I can use either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users