PJRoffe

Shuffling Songs Before Burning

Question

I have Roxio Creator 11. I want to burn an MP3 CD but when I drag the 250 songs, they're in alphabetical order. My old version had a shuffle option. I can't find it in this version of Roxio. Other than manually shifting the songs around, how can I get the songs out of order ? Or am I missing something ?

3 answers to this question

That's a Windows thing - mp3s are data files and Windows will always rearrange them 'in order'

The workround is to rename the files alphanumerically

001 Track 1

002 Track 2

etc

I just tried to see your issue and could not duplicate it. What application are you using? Use "Create Music Disc Projects". Select to make a mp3/wmv disc.

I just dragged about 40 pieces to the window and they went in in the order that were in my file folder. Do you see that?

When you go to burn the disc, make sure that you select to rename the files to keep them in the correct order. Do that by selecting "Project Settings". You'll see the wording about half way down in the window that opens.

Edit; I just now tried it in " "Burn mp3 cds" and they went in the correct order; not alphabetically. You do not have the option to rename the files to assure the playback order. I do know that on the cd they will be burned in alphabetical order.

In earlier version, "Creator Classic" handled the audio work also. It will do data files which is what mp3 files are. By chance are you trying to use that application?

Look also at your music tags and not the names. They may be different and may be giving you some issues.

Thanks for that sknis - I can now see what to do. Much appreciated.

Whilst I was waiting for feedback, I produced exactly what I wanted via ITunes so now I can use either.