Sign in to follow this  
MikeFromMesa

Slide Show Quality

Question

I have not yet bee able to create a blu-ray slide show with Creator 2011 because the blu-ray plugin will not install against my Dell Creator 2011 installation. But I have been able to create an AVCHD slide show and was wondering if the extra money to get blu-ray working on my system (I think I will have to buy a new Creator 2011, uninstall my current version and install the new one, and then apply the blu-ray plugin) will actually produce a better looking slide show.

Both blu-ray and AVCHD produce 1920 x 1080, both 60i and 24p. I know AVCHD is more compressed, but will that make any difference when played on a blu-ray player and displayed on a large screen TV? The inputs are high MP digital photos (18 MP RAW converted to jpg using Dxo Optics software) and videos from a Sony Cybershot T900 and a Canon 7D. Both video types are very high quality 1920 x 1080 videos.

Should I be able to see a difference between the blu-ray and AVCHD slide shows produced by Creator 2011?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I have not yet bee able to create a blu-ray slide show with Creator 2011 because the blu-ray plugin will not install against my Dell Creator 2011 installation. But I have been able to create an AVCHD slide show and was wondering if the extra money to get blu-ray working on my system (I think I will have to buy a new Creator 2011, uninstall my current version and install the new one, and then apply the blu-ray plugin) will actually produce a better looking slide show.

Both blu-ray and AVCHD produce 1920 x 1080, both 60i and 24p. I know AVCHD is more compressed, but will that make any difference when played on a blu-ray player and displayed on a large screen TV? The inputs are high MP digital photos (18 MP RAW converted to jpg using Dxo Optics software) and videos from a Sony Cybershot T900 and a Canon 7D. Both video types are very high quality 1920 x 1080 videos.

Should I be able to see a difference between the blu-ray and AVCHD slide shows produced by Creator 2011?

Thanks.

I doubtr if you will see a difference. As you know, you are limited to about 40 minutes on an AVCHD disc to get the best quality. Blu-ray holds more ! If you put more than about 40 minutes on a single layer DVD, the quality will suffer.

You cannot equate image megapixel to lines of resolution.

I have made both blu-ray and AVCHD and can not really tell the difference - same 1920 by 1080 resolution. AVCHD compression is not an issue.

You cannot equate image megapixel to lines of resolution.

I have made both blu-ray and AVCHD and can not really tell the difference - same 1920 by 1080 resolution. AVCHD compression is not an issue.

The reason I mentioned the MP size of the still photos was because I believed that if the photos were very low resolution their reproduction on a large screen TV would be poor regardless of the disc format. I wanted to make sure that anyone reading the post would understand that the photos should be able to display ingood quality on a large screen. It may have been unnecessary.

Thanks for the response.