• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

I have not yet bee able to create a blu-ray slide show with Creator 2011 because the blu-ray plugin will not install against my Dell Creator 2011 installation. But I have been able to create an AVCHD slide show and was wondering if the extra money to get blu-ray working on my system (I think I will have to buy a new Creator 2011, uninstall my current version and install the new one, and then apply the blu-ray plugin) will actually produce a better looking slide show.

Both blu-ray and AVCHD produce 1920 x 1080, both 60i and 24p. I know AVCHD is more compressed, but will that make any difference when played on a blu-ray player and displayed on a large screen TV? The inputs are high MP digital photos (18 MP RAW converted to jpg using Dxo Optics software) and videos from a Sony Cybershot T900 and a Canon 7D. Both video types are very high quality 1920 x 1080 videos.

Should I be able to see a difference between the blu-ray and AVCHD slide shows produced by Creator 2011?

Thanks.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostMikeFromMesa, on 18 July 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

I have not yet bee able to create a blu-ray slide show with Creator 2011 because the blu-ray plugin will not install against my Dell Creator 2011 installation. But I have been able to create an AVCHD slide show and was wondering if the extra money to get blu-ray working on my system (I think I will have to buy a new Creator 2011, uninstall my current version and install the new one, and then apply the blu-ray plugin) will actually produce a better looking slide show.

Both blu-ray and AVCHD produce 1920 x 1080, both 60i and 24p. I know AVCHD is more compressed, but will that make any difference when played on a blu-ray player and displayed on a large screen TV? The inputs are high MP digital photos (18 MP RAW converted to jpg using Dxo Optics software) and videos from a Sony Cybershot T900 and a Canon 7D. Both video types are very high quality 1920 x 1080 videos.

Should I be able to see a difference between the blu-ray and AVCHD slide shows produced by Creator 2011?

Thanks.

I doubtr if you will see a difference.  As you know, you are limited to about 40 minutes on an AVCHD disc to get the best quality.  Blu-ray holds more ! If you put more than about 40 minutes on a single layer DVD, the quality will suffer.

You cannot equate image megapixel to lines of resolution.  

I have made both blu-ray and AVCHD and can not really tell the difference - same 1920 by 1080 resolution. AVCHD compression is not an issue.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 MikeFromMesa

MikeFromMesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

View Postsknis, on 18 July 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

You cannot equate image megapixel to lines of resolution.  

I have made both blu-ray and AVCHD and can not really tell the difference - same 1920 by 1080 resolution. AVCHD compression is not an issue.

The reason I mentioned the MP size of the still photos was because I believed that if the photos were very low resolution their reproduction on a large screen TV would be poor regardless of the disc format. I wanted to make sure that anyone reading the post would understand that the photos should be able to display ingood quality on a large screen. It may have been unnecessary.

Thanks for the response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users