• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Tobi

Adding Text To Video That Will Fade Out

Question

I want to make a DVD project whereby I can use the photos from a recent trip to Europe add music to the background AND the biggie is that I want to import text that shows up when the photo first comes into view but then the text fades away leaving only the photo. (As in Paris and then fade leaving just the Eifel Tower for eg) I think Roxio should have this but customer support wont talk to me as I have a Legacy Product (2009) they no longer support and they want me to buy 2011. Any ideas???

Edited by Tobi

8 answers to this question

If you are working in VideoWave, click on Add Text Effect in the Add Content Panel. Pick a text style (you can adjust it later) and choose Add to Internal Track of Selected Panel (this will keep it with your photo or video clip if you happen to move it later).

Once the Internal Track opens, select the text and click on the Settings tab and then on the Motion Tab (last tab, it has a red ball on it). Choose a Fade In speed in the Start Path Style drop down. Choose a Fade Out speed in the End Path drop down. Adjust the length of the text's apperance by dragging the right side of it in the text overlay track longer or shorter (left or right). Position it where you want on the screen and preview. Make adjustments as needed.

To add your music, click on Add Background Audio in the Add Content Panel and select Add to Music Track. Preview and adjust as needed.

Thanks so much - I will give it a try.

If you are working in VideoWave, click on Add Text Effect in the Add Content Panel. Pick a text style (you can adjust it later) and choose Add to Internal Track of Selected Panel (this will keep it with your photo or video clip if you happen to move it later).

Once the Internal Track opens, select the text and click on the Settings tab and then on the Motion Tab (last tab, it has a red ball on it). Choose a Fade In speed in the Start Path Style drop down. Choose a Fade Out speed in the End Path drop down. Adjust the length of the text's apperance by dragging the right side of it in the text overlay track longer or shorter (left or right). Position it where you want on the screen and preview. Make adjustments as needed.

To add your music, click on Add Background Audio in the Add Content Panel and select Add to Music Track. Preview and adjust as needed.

Hi Kerri

I think I blew it. When I added the text - I do not see any option to Add to Internal TRack of Selected Panel - I just clicked on OK after I selected an option. Is there a way to go back and fix this now? I have exited Roxio and then gone back in but it is not giving me the option now to add to internal track. ??? What now?

Sure Tobi, no problem. Your text should be in the text track underneath you image. Just click on it in the text track to select it and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Now click on your image or video clip in the main track (this selects the image or video clip to which you want to add text).

Now click Add Text in the Add Content panel. You should get a dialog that asks where you want to insert the text. The second option should be to Insert on Internal Track of Selected Panel. Choose that option and click OK. Does that work for you?

Hi Karri - that worked!!! :-) Thx so much - now one more questrion if I may . . . I have been having the text "fly in" and fade out but I do not want the text in the middle of the photo but just at the bottom. Is there a way to choose this as well so it doesn't 'pause' in the middle of the photo? (Usually someone's face) :-( Thanks again - much appreciated!!!!

Sure Tobi, no problem. Your text should be in the text track underneath you image. Just click on it in the text track to select it and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.

Now click on your image or video clip in the main track (this selects the image or video clip to which you want to add text).

Now click Add Text in the Add Content panel. You should get a dialog that asks where you want to insert the text. The second option should be to Insert on Internal Track of Selected Panel. Choose that option and click OK. Does that work for you?

Hi Karri - that worked!!! :-) Thx so much - now one more questrion if I may . . . I have been having the text "fly in" and fade out but I do not want the text in the middle of the photo but just at the bottom. Is there a way to choose this as well so it doesn't 'pause' in the middle of the photo? (Usually someone's face) :-( Thanks again - much appreciated!!!!

You can position the text anywhere on the photo.

Select the text box on the photo, it should now have a frame around it. Move the mouse cursor over the photo and at some point (over the frame) you should see the 4-arrow icon. When it appears, press and hold the left mouse button and you can now drag the text box around on the photo.

Tobi, just as myguggi says, you can position the text wherever you like :)

Thanks all for your help. I will work with it a bit today and see if I can get this project 'moving along'. Really appreciate the help!