• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnbouman

johnbouman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

I have a LG WH10LS30 that doesn't recognize Memorex Blu-Ray Media. When I try to burn Data to a Blu-Ray disc it just sits there for hours say "Reading". I am running Roxio Creator 2011 Standard. My computer is a Dell Precision T7400 running Windows 7 64 bit. Do I need to buy the Plug-in to be able to burn to a Blu-Ray disc>

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

View Postjohnbouman, on 18 July 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

I have a LG WH10LS30 that doesn't recognize Memorex Blu-Ray Media. When I try to burn Data to a Blu-Ray disc it just sits there for hours say "Reading". I am running Roxio Creator 2011 Standard. My computer is a Dell Precision T7400 running Windows 7 64 bit. Do I need to buy the Plug-in to be able to burn to a Blu-Ray disc>

Yes, here.

But if that burner is giving you that problem you have a problem with the burner or with those discs.  Have you tried a different disc? What software came with the burner?  There should be one to allow you to burn data but not necessarily video movies.  

I assume that you installed the drivers for the burner.  Does Windows Device Manager see it as a blu-ray burner?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,430 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

From the Home Screen, Tools, get Disc information, what does it say with a BD inserted in the BD Drive with the BD Drive selected from the drop down menu?

Attached File  BC.jpg   104K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users