dvhughes

2011 Keeps Asking To Insert Dvd...

Question

I'm using Roxio Creator 2011 on a Win7/64 platform. I recently did a clean reinstall of Win7, instaled Roxio, updated it and now when I go to coopy a disk it keeps asking me to "Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD R into the Sony drive..." Before Roxio worked normally.

I have a number of high quality -R disks from 3 makers and all three get the same error. I can write to a double layer disk, but I used to write easily to my three disk drives with nornal -R disks.

I rebood and same error.

This is probably something easy, but I am out of ideas.

Dennis Hughes

dvhughes@mindspring.com

4 answers to this question

What do you mean 'high quality' makers?

Most disc 'makers' don't make them - they are outsourced. Mopst of us old-timers here will tell you to use Taiyo Yuen/JVC or Verbatim

ps - remove your e-mail please before you end up being spammed (this board,. in common with most public boards, is traled by spiderbots)

I have Taiyo & Verbatim -R and the dual layer disk is Ridata (new to me) I use www.nomorecoasters.com as a reference.

Regards,

Dennis

when I go to coopy a disk it keeps asking me to "Please insert a blank or rewritable DVD R into the Sony drive..

Be specific, what application are you using to copy the disc?

What type of disc are you trying to copy, DVD -R/RW DVD+R/RW TO a DVD -R/RW DVD+R/RW?

I have Taiyo & Verbatim -R and the dual layer disk is Ridata (new to me) I use www.nomorecoasters.com as a reference.

Regards,

Dennis

It looks like some of the articles are due for a revision. Some are months olds; others are years old. Changes occur more frequently than that.