MissRgray

Vhs To Dvd Won't Record

Question

Hi I just got my VHS player set up to the computer. I want to record a VHS to DVD. It shows the movie playing on the screen, but when I try to push "start record", it doesn't do anything. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

(I have windows XP and am using a brand new Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition)

Thank you so much!

Edited by MissRgray

3 answers to this question

Hi I just got my VHS player set up to the computer. I want to record a VHS to DVD. It shows the movie playing on the screen, but when I try to push "start record", it doesn't do anything. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

(I have windows XP and am using a brand new Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition)

Thank you so much!

Please post your computer specs.

When you push "start record" is the VHS playing or paused or stopped? Are you getting any error? How long did you wait? What did you expect to see? Is the timer timing up?

Please post your computer specs.

When you push "start record" is the VHS playing or paused or stopped? Are you getting any error? How long did you wait? What did you expect to see? Is the timer timing up?

Computer Specs? I have a Dell Dimension E521 PC... I don't think it has anything to do with the computer though.

The VHS was playing when I pushed "start record". I didn't get any error message... nothing changed. the screen stayed exactly the same, except that the movie keeps playing. It's like the button just won't respond. I waited like 5 min, then I tried it again and waited like an hour. There is no timer. The "levels" are bouncing around as the movie plays, but I would expect to see some sort of a timer showing progress.

Computer Specs? I have a Dell Dimension E521 PC... I don't think it has anything to do with the computer though.

The VHS was playing when I pushed "start record". I didn't get any error message... nothing changed. the screen stayed exactly the same, except that the movie keeps playing. It's like the button just won't respond. I waited like 5 min, then I tried it again and waited like an hour. There is no timer. The "levels" are bouncing around as the movie plays, but I would expect to see some sort of a timer showing progress.

From the Home Screen, Video and Movies, are you using Plug and Burn?

Try from the Home Screen, Video and Movies, Capture Video.. You can then open it in videowave and make edits then send it to My DVD for menus and 'authoring' and burn it to disc..