Jump to content

Roxio Community

Vhs To Dvd Won't Record


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MissRgray

MissRgray

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi I just got my VHS player set up to the computer. I want to record a VHS to DVD. It shows the movie playing on the screen, but when I try to push "start record", it doesn't do anything. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

(I have windows XP and am using a brand new Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition)

Thank you so much!

Edited by MissRgray, 24 July 2011 - 06:18 PM.

~MissRgray

#2 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

View PostMissRgray, on 24 July 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Hi I just got my VHS player set up to the computer. I want to record a VHS to DVD. It shows the movie playing on the screen, but when I try to push "start record", it doesn't do anything. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

(I have windows XP and am using a brand new Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition)

Thank you so much!

Please post your computer specs.  

When you push "start record" is the VHS playing or paused or stopped?  Are you getting any error?  How long did you wait?  What did you expect to see?  Is the timer timing up?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 MissRgray

MissRgray

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

View Postsknis, on 25 July 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

Please post your computer specs.  

When you push "start record" is the VHS playing or paused or stopped?  Are you getting any error?  How long did you wait?  What did you expect to see?  Is the timer timing up?

Computer Specs? I have a Dell Dimension E521 PC... I don't think it has anything to do with the computer though.


The VHS was playing when I pushed "start record". I didn't get any error message... nothing changed. the screen stayed exactly the same, except that the movie keeps playing. It's like the button just won't respond. I waited like 5 min, then I tried it again and waited like an hour. There is no timer. The "levels" are bouncing around as the movie plays, but I would expect to see some sort of a timer showing progress.
~MissRgray

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,430 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

View PostMissRgray, on 25 July 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

Computer Specs? I have a Dell Dimension E521 PC... I don't think it has anything to do with the computer though.


The VHS was playing when I pushed "start record". I didn't get any error message... nothing changed. the screen stayed exactly the same, except that the movie keeps playing. It's like the button just won't respond. I waited like 5 min, then I tried it again and waited like an hour. There is no timer. The "levels" are bouncing around as the movie plays, but I would expect to see some sort of a timer showing progress.

From the Home Screen, Video and Movies, are you using Plug and Burn?

Try from the Home Screen, Video and Movies, Capture Video.. You can then open it in videowave and make edits then send it to My DVD for menus and 'authoring' and burn it to disc..
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users