21 replies to this topic

#1 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

I recently uninstalled Roxio 2009, rebooted, and then installed Roxio 2011. The problem I have is when I open Videowave and click on Add Photo/Video I get the message - Runtime Error! c:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe  The application has requested the Runtime to terminate...

There is no additional error code for reference. Roxio tech support has now sent me 9 responses - 7 of these with recommended steps to solve the problem. None have worked yet.

I have done all of the following based on tech support recommendations:
* Uninstalled and reinstalled (at least 5 times now). This has been done with Startup items disabled, firewall off, (and with a new Administrator account at least twice)
* Updated DirectX
* Installed MSXML.msi 4 SP3
* Turned off Windows Aero feature
* Uninstalled Microsoft .NET 4 and reinstalled .NET 4
* Ran the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag) to confirm DirectX is working properly and sent dxdiag file to tech support for review
* Disabled Roxio SIAB Service, RoxMediaDB13, CommonSDK, Roxio Hard Drive Watcher

Additionally I installed a new 1GB Video card and updated the driver to the latest release.

My OS is Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit

Any experts out there with some suggestions?

David

#20 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

Best Answer

On 28 July 2011 cdanteek wrote "Your running at the bottom of the specs."

Thanks guys for your tips and input over the past month plus. And special thanks to cdanteek for the wakeup call when he wrote "you're running at the bottom of the specs". I decided it was time to upgrade and decided to build my first PC. Got the new PC up and going successfully along with Roxio 2011. Looking forward to all I will be able to do that I couldn't before with the "bottom of the spec" PC.

Thanks again.

David

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel i7-2600K, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-15000 (1866MHz), Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB GDDR5, Intel 510 Series 120 GB SSD 6.0 Gb/s OS Drive, WD 2.0 TB Black Caviar , Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - first x build by noxqcez

Edited by noxqcez, 17 August 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:38 AM

Personally I can't see why they told you to turn off the firewall (that would only affect connection to the registration servers)

Did you turn the anti-virus off and close down (NOT pause) any other running apps?
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

This is the latest response I got and it also failed. 7 or 8 times now I have followed the instructions with the same problem recurring. They said this applied to Roxio 2011 also.

Resolution

The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.

Note: The removal of Creator 2009 from Windows 7 is provided for customers who are upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, and wish to install Creator 2010, which is Windows 7 certified. Creator 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7. To see a full list of Windows 7 compatible products, click here.

1. Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
          * Go to Start and type "msconfig" (without quotes) into the Start Search field and press the "Enter" key.
          * Select the Startup tab.
          * Click the Disable All button.
          * Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
          * Click the Restart button.

To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).

Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
   2. Remove Creator 2009 through the Programs Control Panel.
          * Go to Start -> Control Panel
          * Under Programs, click Uninstall a program
          * Click Roxio Creator 2009, then click Uninstall above the Name column.

3. For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking Start -> My Computer then go up and click on Organize -> Folder and Search Options. Click on the View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply.

4. Delete these folders from your hard drive. Not all folders may be present.

NOTE: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows Vista.

C:\Program Data\Roxio
      C:\Program Data\Sonic
      C:\Program Files\Roxio
      C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 (may include "Special Edition" or "Ultimate")
      C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio - (x64 bit systems only)
      C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009 (..) - x64
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\RoxioCentralFX
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio (x86/x64)

Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed.

5. Remove these keys from the registry:

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.

To export a copy of your registry, please do the following
          * Click on Start --> Type "regedit" in the Search field and press Enter on your keyboard.
          * Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.
          * Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).
          * Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.
          * Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified

Registry Edit instructions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder:

* Click on Start --> Type "regedit" in the Search field and press Enter on your keyboard.
          * Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.
          * Locate the Software folder.
          * Locate the Roxio folder.
          * Right click on Roxio and click delete.
          * Do the same for the Sonic folder (if present).
          * Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

Registry Edit instructions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder:

* Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.
          * Locate the Software folder
                o Locate the Roxio, Sonic, Sonic Desktop Software folders
                      + Right click on each folder and click Delete.
                o Locate the Wow6432Node folder
                      + Right click on the Roxio and Sonic folders and click Delete.
          * Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

6. Restart the computer then reinstall Creator.

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,280 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

View Postnoxqcez, on 25 July 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

This is the latest response I got and it also failed. 7 or 8 times now I have followed the instructions with the same problem recurring. They said this applied to Roxio 2011 also.

Resolution

The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.

Note: The removal of Creator 2009 from Windows 7 is provided for customers who are upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, and wish to install Creator 2010, which is Windows 7 certified. Creator 2009 is not compatible with Windows 7. To see a full list of Windows 7 compatible products, click here.

1. Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
          * Go to Start and type "msconfig" (without quotes) into the Start Search field and press the "Enter" key.
          * Select the Startup tab.
          * Click the Disable All button.
          * Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
          * Click the Restart button.

To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).

Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
   2. Remove Creator 2009 through the Programs Control Panel.
          * Go to Start -> Control Panel
          * Under Programs, click Uninstall a program
          * Click Roxio Creator 2009, then click Uninstall above the Name column.

3. For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking Start -> My Computer then go up and click on Organize -> Folder and Search Options. Click on the View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply.

4. Delete these folders from your hard drive. Not all folders may be present.

NOTE: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows Vista.

C:\Program Data\Roxio
      C:\Program Data\Sonic
      C:\Program Files\Roxio
      C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 (may include "Special Edition" or "Ultimate")
      C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio - (x64 bit systems only)
      C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009 (..) - x64
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
      C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\RoxioCentralFX
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio
      C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio (x86/x64)

Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed.

5. Remove these keys from the registry:

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.

To export a copy of your registry, please do the following
          * Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.
          * Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).
          * Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.
          * Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified

Registry Edit instructions for HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder:

* Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.
          * Locate the Software folder.
          * Locate the Roxio folder.
          * Right click on Roxio and click delete.
          * Do the same for the Sonic folder (if present).
          * Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

Registry Edit instructions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder:

* Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.
          * Locate the Software folder
                o Locate the Roxio, Sonic, Sonic Desktop Software folders
                      + Right click on each folder and click Delete.
                o Locate the Wow6432Node folder
                      + Right click on the Roxio and Sonic folders and click Delete.
          * Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

6. Restart the computer then reinstall Creator.

Did you do the section I made RED.

#5 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Tech support has had me uninstall and reinstall several programs several times over the past 8 days so I am not absolutely certain. I will follow all of these steps again and make sure any antivirus/spyware programs are disabled.

I have the impression the tech support responses I am getting are scripted and not from someone reading through the past 8 days of notes and recommendations in order to fully understand the problem and history. It is to the point where I am being told to do many of the same prior steps and asked the same questions, which really show they don't fully know what's going on.

Roxio 2011 was installed about 10 days ago. I have only used it so far for capturing video through the USB capture device, which works fine. I can open Videowave fine but when I click Add Photo/Video I get the runtime error message. Today tech support was again asking which file formats I was adding, asking me to update msxml again, etc.

I appreciate your input and you taking the time to respond. I will try the uninstall/reinstall again with antivirus/spyware programs disabled and let you know.

David

#6 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

When tech support has me disable services in Sys Config they never direct me to enable them. I don't know whether I should leave Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12, Roxio SAIB Service, RoxMediaDB13 disabled or not. Any suggestions?

Attached Files

#7 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

I keep them off myself - you can start them manually if needed
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

Whoa!

The RoxMidiaDB13 is an absolute must!!!

VidoeWave will not run without it!

The disc driver watcher??? If you don’t rely on Roxio to do your file watching, you don’t need it.
Posted Image

#9 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 26 July 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

Whoa!

The RoxMidiaDB13 is an absolute must!!!

VidoeWave will not run without it!

The disc driver watcher??? If you don’t rely on Roxio to do your file watching, you don’t need it.

Jim, you must be right on this. I could not open Videowave with RoxMidiaDB13 unchecked so I enabled it, restarted, opened Videowave, but still cannot get past the Runtime Error when I click Add Photo/Video. I am blown away that Tech Support hasn't been able to solve this in 9 days of suggestions of what to do. Thanks for your input. Any ideas?

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Make sure you Anti Virus is TURNED OFF!

Then start to install of the Suite (again :angry2:), only pick Repair when it is offered.

Hoping that will do the trick ;)
Posted Image

#11 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 26 July 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

Make sure you Anti Virus is TURNED OFF!

Then start to install of the Suite (again :angry2:), only pick Repair when it is offered.

Hoping that will do the trick ;)

Jim,

This is today's recommendation from Tech Support:

Customer Support writes:

Dear David,

I can really understand your concern.

As the issue persists, I request you to remove all the .Net framework components completely and then try to perform a repair installation of the software and check with the issue.

Kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Remove Microsoft .Net framework components by following the steps below:

Open the link below.
http://cid-27e6a35d1...leanup_tool.zip
Save the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip file on to your desktop.
Unzip the clean up tool.
Once done, run the Clean up utility.
Then choose '.NET framework -(All versions)' from the list.
Then click on Clean up now.

Step 2: Double click on Roxio Creator 2011 setup file and click on 'Repair' and complete the process.

What do you think? Should I do this or just repair as you suggested? They have had me uninstall and reinstall .NET framework several times now (probably because they are sending me scripted fixes rather than looking at what I was already told to do). However, I have never ran the cleanup utility.

David

#12 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Day 9 of suggested fixes from Tech support. After disabling antivirus and disabling startup items and rebooting I did the following as requested by Tech Support:
Step 1: Remove Microsoft .Net framework components by following the steps below:

Open the link below.
http://cid-27e6a35d1...leanup_tool.zip
Save the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip file on to your desktop.
Unzip the clean up tool.
Once done, run the Clean up utility.
Then choose '.NET framework -(All versions)' from the list.
Then click on Clean up now.

(had to reboot here which Tech Support did not mention)

Step 2: Double click on Roxio Creator 2011 setup file and click on 'Repair' and complete the process.

(When opening Roxio 2011 .exe file the message comes up asking if I want to check for updates (Tech Support did not mention what to do at this point). I did not choose to do this since I had done this during installation. NO idea whether I should have or not.)

Rebooted after Repair completed, opened Videowave, clicked Add Photo/Video and same Runtime Error message comes up.

After 9 days of suggested fixes I am beginning to doubt this will get resolved. Any new ideas out there?

Thanks.

David

Edited by noxqcez, 26 July 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

Maybe you could suggest to them that they replace your disc?

Repeating steps is normal to troubleshooting and often fixes things on the 2nd or 3rd try :lol:
Posted Image

#14 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

Day 10 of following Tech Support recommendations on how to get Videowave to work. I installed Roxio2011 on my laptop today and it works fine so there must be some conflict/issue with my PC. I used the same installation files for the laptop and PC.

This is the latest recommendation from Tech Support:

bbabu 7/27/2011

Dear David,

1. As a workaround to fix the program launch issue, I request you to ensure that Creator 2011 program is not running in Windows Vista compatibility mode on the Windows 7 computer. If so, please follow the steps given below to turn off Vista compatibility mode :

* Right-click on the setup package and choose Properties.
* Click on the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
* In the Compatibility mode section, uncheck the box that is labeled Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

2. Please right click on the Creator software icon and select "Run as Administrative mode". Now you will able to fix the issue.

3.If the issue still persists, we request you to install Roxio Creator 2011 the software from Safe mode which will help to get this issue fixed.

Steps to boot from Safe mode:

1. Restart the computer.
   2. Keep tapping the key F8 when computer starts.
   3. Advanced boot menu will be open.
   4. Choose 'Safe mode'.

Then try to  install Roxio Creator 2011 and check with the issue.

Note : If the issue still persists then the issue could be with your computer so please contact your system administrator and update the latest firmware.

Videowave is not running in any compatibility mode - the box is unchecked. Figure I'll try one more time and if it doesn't work then I'll look for another program. Very frustrating.

David

#15 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

And of Step 3???
Posted Image

#16 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,757 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

I recently uninstalled Roxio 2009, rebooted, and then installed Roxio 2011. The problem I have is when I open Videowave and click on Add Photo/Video I get the message - Runtime Error! c:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate...

There is no additional error code for reference. Roxio tech support has now sent me 9 responses - 7 of these with recommended steps to solve the problem. None have worked yet.

I have done all of the following based on tech support recommendations:
* Uninstalled and reinstalled (at least 5 times now). This has been done with Startup items disabled, firewall off, (and with a new Administrator account at least twice)
* Updated DirectX
* Installed MSXML.msi 4 SP3
* Turned off Windows Aero feature
* Uninstalled Microsoft .NET 4 and reinstalled .NET 4
* Ran the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag) to confirm DirectX is working properly and sent dxdiag file to tech support for review
* Disabled Roxio SIAB Service, RoxMediaDB13, CommonSDK, Roxio Hard Drive Watcher

Additionally I installed a new 1GB Video card and updated the driver to the latest release.

My OS is Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit

Any experts out there with some suggestions?

Was C2009 installed on W-7? It is not compatible with W-7.

Was Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit a clean install or a upgrade from another OS a dirty install?

What are you PC specs I failed to see them in any post you've made?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#17 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 28 July 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

And of Step 3???

I have not been able to reinstall in Safe Mode. I always get the message "You must use 'Turn Windows features on or off' in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. When I go there I am not sure which boxes to check or uncheck. I have tried a few combinations and the same message pops up. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Gateway GM5446E
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. CF94510J.15A.0038.2007.0226.1646 02/26/2007
3582 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
2820.57 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
1594.87 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB

#18 noxqcez

noxqcez

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:36 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 28 July 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

Was C2009 installed on W-7? It is not compatible with W-7.

Was Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit a clean install or a upgrade from another OS a dirty install?

What are you PC specs I failed to see them in any post you've made?

Yes Roxio 2009 was installed. At the time I had not checked for compatibility.

Windows 7 was a clean install - not an upgrade.

Here are specs:
Gateway GM5446E
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. CF94510J.15A.0038.2007.0226.1646 02/26/2007
3582 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
2820.57 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
1594.87 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB

Thanks.

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,757 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

Your running at the bottom of the specs.

For video editing and conversion and DVD playback Intel Pentium 4 2GHz processor or AMD equivalent and 1GB RAM. Multi-core processor with at least 2GB RAM recommended.

"You must use 'Turn Windows features on or off' in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

Attached File  p.jpg   115.05K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users