#1 jexee

jexee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Hi,
I Have Roxio Creator 2011 Pro and am running on Windows 7 64 bit. I'm trying to digitize LP's and want to make a track for every song. It seems to me that I have all the settings correct but when I put and album on and record it, it records all the songs as 1 track. Here are the settings I have set:

In the "Advance Options" box under "General" I put a check next to "Enable Auto Pause" and set the "Length Of Silence" to 10 seconds for the lead out (the end) of the album.

In the "Advance Options" box under "Track Detection" I set "Silence Gaps" at 2 seconds, I check the box next to "Silence May Contain Noise" then I check the box
Maximum Track" at 6, because there are 6 songs on the "A" side of the album I am recording. When recording the album, instead of making 6 individual tracks it only makes one. I know that I can go to step 2 and adjust the track separators but under the settings that I have does anyone know why it's only making one track?
Thanks for all of your help.

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:44 AM

Personally, I prefer to capture each LP side as a single track, with no cleaning options.  Now I have a single file for each side and I can apply any noise reduction to the entire side.  Most LPs are relatively consistent in the noise on them, so that works well.  Once I'm done with that, I extract the tracks manually so I can split it where I want to, and don't have to deal with what the program thinks I want.  (I like to split tracks just before the start of the music.)  Those are just my preferences, and I don't have a good solution to what you're trying to do.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#3 jexee

jexee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

View Postd_deweywright, on 27 July 2011 - 02:44 AM, said:

Personally, I prefer to capture each LP side as a single track, with no cleaning options.  Now I have a single file for each side and I can apply any noise reduction to the entire side.  Most LPs are relatively consistent in the noise on them, so that works well.  Once I'm done with that, I extract the tracks manually so I can split it where I want to, and don't have to deal with what the program thinks I want.  (I like to split tracks just before the start of the music.)  Those are just my preferences, and I don't have a good solution to what you're trying to do.

Thanks for the suggestion. it makes a lot of sense and saves time. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users