Sign in to follow this  
Alice Polarbear

Dreamweaver Dvd Burning Problem

Question

I have an iMac purch'd in 2007. At the time, I bought Roxio Titanium Toast 8.

I am teaching myself Dreamweaver. I managed to put together apx 6 pages with an image map in the header of each, plus a few low-res jpgs for design. I first tried to burn this onto a CD, and both times verification failed and when I tried to open the pages in my browser, a lot of info was missing. I then tried burning to a DVD, figuring that with the graphics, etc., it might be too big for a CD. THe burn failed, and I got the following message:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x73, 0x03

Is this some weird issue with trying to burn Dreamweaver onto a DVD, or is Toast Titanium 8 so obsolete that it won't work with Dreamweaver. Why would there be such a problem with burning apx 6 pages of HTML code, plus apx 6 graphics, two of them image maps?

I'd be grateful for a firm answer on whether or not I need to go out and buy the upgrade (because it will also involve upgrading my OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.6 or whatever is current for the Mac, and all of this starts to get pricy

2 answers to this question

Since you are burning this as a Data disc I doubt there is any issue with Toast 8 being obsolete. Because you want things be to set in a certain way I suggest starting by creating an empty disc image (Toast utilities menu).Then add the content to the empty disc image in the Finder so that it is all linked there the way you want. When all is done dismount the disc image and then burn it to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

There are many online forums and places to search for ways to make the best DVD burning software programs easier to use. Online forums are good places to start your software research. They can be a great source of information. All you have to do is post your question in a forum and watch for answers to it.