• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brianorca

Brianorca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

I'd like to use Creator to merge the video from two cameras into 3D. For instance, GoPro has their 3D package, which is two separate cameras linked together so they start/stop at the same time. But they still record two separate files. GoPro does have a tool to combine the files, ("CineForm") but the resulting file is side-by-side 3D, and therefore half resolution. (It won't do frame interleaving.) I'd much rather bring both files into Creator directly. I also sometimes render from a 3D program into a sequence of images, (left and right pairs for x frames.) and would like to combine those into a 3D video.

I have another tool, "Stereo Movie Maker" that can do some of that, but it doesn't read MPEG-4 or image sequences, and I'd like to avoid the quality loss from using an intermediate file.

Edited by Brianorca, 30 July 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:18 AM

View PostBrianorca, on 30 July 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'd like to use Creator to merge the video from two cameras into 3D. For instance, GoPro has their 3D package, which is two separate cameras linked together so they start/stop at the same time. But they still record two separate files. GoPro does have a tool to combine the files, ("CineForm") but the resulting file is side-by-side 3D, and therefore half resolution. (It won't do frame interleaving.) I'd much rather bring both files into Creator directly. I also sometimes render from a 3D program into a sequence of images, (left and right pairs for x frames.) and would like to combine those into a 3D video.

I have another tool, "Stereo Movie Maker" that can do some of that, but it doesn't read MPEG-4 or image sequences, and I'd like to avoid the quality loss from using an intermediate file.

Sounds like you are really into it.  My first suggestion is to post your question to the   3D forums (link).   They do have forum sections for video and image.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Brianorca

Brianorca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

View Postsknis, on 31 July 2011 - 03:18 AM, said:

Sounds like you are really into it.  My first suggestion is to post your question to the   3D forums (link).   They do have forum sections for video and image.
But that's a generic forum, not for Creator. I don't want to spend $600 on Vegas Pro.

Edited by Brianorca, 31 July 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

View PostBrianorca, on 31 July 2011 - 05:41 AM, said:

But that's a generic forum, not for Creator. I don't want to spend $600 on Vegas Pro.

Yes, it is a generic forum; not a Vegas Pro forum.  Ask the right question and you'll get the right answer or at least one that will tell you if it is possible.

Did you look for a similar post in this part of the forum.  I believe there is a good one several months ago.   Sort of like this one.  

Edited by sknis, 31 July 2011 - 05:59 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Brianorca

Brianorca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Yes, that thread discusses the same type of solution I'm looking at. I just hope by my bringing it up again, the Roxio dev team would realize this missing feature could be easily implemented and add value to your product.

To make my files work, I have to either squeeze them to half resolution, or process them through 3 different compression formats. Either option means the output quality will be noticeably worse than it could have been if my tool could go straight from source to result in one step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users