razzzzy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

I have MyDVD 10 Premier
Windows XP

I have a quicktime video that I need to rotate to see properly.  I have emailed tech support and they told me to:

"Nothing to worry. I will help you to fix this issue.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Launch 'MyDVD 10 Premier'
2. Open Roxio Video Wave 10
3. Add Photo/Video
4. Under the Tool bar at the top, you can see the icons like Trim, Volume, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Auto correction, and finally Rotate Counter Clockwise, Rotate Clockwise.
5. You can rotate your video by clicking Rotate Counter Clockwise and Rotate Clockwise."

However, I only see this to rotate a picture.  I did use a program to rotate it, but when I upload it into MyDVD it surns it back on its side.

Any thoughts???

Edited by razzzzy, 31 July 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#2 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

View Postrazzzzy, on 31 July 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

I have MyDVD 10 Premier
Windows XP

I have a quicktime video that I need to rotate to see properly.  I have emailed tech support and they told me to:

"Nothing to worry. I will help you to fix this issue.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Launch 'MyDVD 10 Premier'
2. Open Roxio Video Wave 10
3. Add Photo/Video
4. Under the Tool bar at the top, you can see the icons like Trim, Volume, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Auto correction, and finally Rotate Counter Clockwise, Rotate Clockwise.
5. You can rotate your video by clicking Rotate Counter Clockwise and Rotate Clockwise."

However, I only see this to rotate a picture.  I did use a program to rotate it, but when I upload it into MyDVD it surns it back on its side.

Any thoughts???

I dont have that exact program (My DVD 10 Premiere), but if you are working in VideoWave it should work the same way for a video or a picture. Try right clicking directly on the clip in the Timeline and note if there is a command for Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counter-Clockwise in the context menu. If there is, try one of them.

If not, it sounds like you are working in the VideoWave editor in MyDVD, which as you state may only have the option to rotate an image, not a video clip. If so, you mivght try this method ... add a color panel on the main track the same length as your video. Then add your video as an overlay over the color panel. Click on your video overlay and choose Show Settings and then click on the Position button. There should be a slider to rotate your video clip in there.

Maybe someone will drop in with a better answer, if they have used that particular version.
Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials