Popcorn 4 Appears Not To Be Compressing
Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:53 AM
I have an issue with Popcorn 4 not burning a VIDEO_TS folder onto a SL disk and I'm not getting a lot of support from the Support Desk from Roxio. The information is as follows:
- the file size to be burned, prior to compression, is roughly 24.7G. Popcorn indicates that compression should be roughly 94%
- the folder that I have added is a video_ts folder. The file formats of the files in that folder are .VOB, .BUP, and .IFO.
- the DVD being used is a Memorex DVD-R. It is brand new and doesn't have any issues.
- Matshita DVD-R UJ-875 is the device being used
- Drivers for Matshita are up to date
- verfying data is turned off
- Enable Buffer Overrun Protection is enabled
- The MAC can see the Matshita device properly
without any files loaded for Burning, Popcorn states the following:
0 Bytes on 1 disc / Space remaining: 4.39GB
- once the files are placed into Popcorn for Burning, Popcorn states the following:
27.4 GB on 1 disc / Space Remaining: 0 Bytes
considering the size of the video_ts folder UNCOMPRESSED is 27.4G, Popcorn is stating a size prior to compression which, naturally, is too large for a 4.7G disk. Hence the need for compression. But the "Use Fit-to-DVD video compression" option is selected.
Is Popcorn recognizing the "Fit-to-DVD" compression option? is there some other option that has to be turned on to compress the data? Why is Popcorn trying to burn WITHOUT compressing?
Any suggestions that you have would be greatly appreciated. I'll give it a few more days trying to figure this out and, if I can't, I'll end up asking for a refund from Roxio for the Popcorn ...
Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:51 PM
How many hours of video are in that VIDEO_TS folder? Do you have any idea what was used to create it?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users