• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 T_Hug

T_Hug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

When trying to burn a video disk using Toast 6.0.3, the NTSC disk setting automatically changes to PAL when I click "Record". Naturally the disk won't play on my television since I'm in the U.S. How do I stop this? Disk WILL play on my Mac.

Edited by T_Hug, 07 August 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Do you have NTSC or PAL set in Toast Preferences?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 T_Hug

T_Hug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Version 6.0.3 has minimal preferences: Prompt to save changes when quitting, Install Toast It contextual menu plug-in; Toast Anywhere start; and Converted Items information. The only place I can select NTSC or PAL is the create Video Disk window.ToastWindow.png

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

Version 6.0.3 has minimal preferences: Prompt to save changes when quitting, Install Toast It contextual menu plug-in; Toast Anywhere start; and Converted Items information. The only place I can select NTSC or PAL is the create Video Disk window.ToastWindow.png

My guess is the ability to transcode from PAL to NTSC was added in Toast 7 when they changed the MPEG encoder. You'll need to find another application to do the transcoding (MPEG2Works maybe) and then use the NTSC version in Toast.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 T_Hug

T_Hug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

I'll look for MPEG2Works then. Of course, the simplest solution would be to upgrade to Toast 9.0 (for OS 10.4.11) or upgrade to Toast 11.0 on my Mac at the office. Sigh. And thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users