2 replies to this topic

#1 allan369

allan369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi.

I have owned roxio 2010 pro creator and used it to burn DVD of camera HD video from a Canon 7D and Canon G12 this worked really well.

When i upgraded my pc for an intel I7 and 16gb ram i thought wow this will be good.

I bought 2011 pro however when i use the same clips that would work before in DVD maker it plays sound way out it seems in advance and jutters.

The clips 3 in total only last about 5 mins.

They play fine in WMP but both when you check the content in roxio or burn on a dvd it has sound issues, picture is very good,

I have tried unistall and reinstall. The program has been on a raid 0 array and standard 7200rpm disk the files are working on a SSD drive so plenty of power.

Any ideas please

Thanks

Allan

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

Did you clear out the temp folders, defrag, etc? Most SSD drives are quite small so the temp folder will fill up fast.

One trick is to set the temp folder (visa control panel, environment settings) to another drive and keep them out of the road on that.

Also with 12 GB of RAM, you can safely disable pagefile, freeing up more space.

That being said, try rendering with any background apps closed down in case that's the culprit (the computer is trying to do different things at the same time and that can also cause stutter
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 allan369

allan369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

View Postgi7omy, on 07 August 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

Did you clear out the temp folders, defrag, etc? Most SSD drives are quite small so the temp folder will fill up fast.

One trick is to set the temp folder (visa control panel, environment settings) to another drive and keep them out of the road on that.

Also with 12 GB of RAM, you can safely disable pagefile, freeing up more space.

That being said, try rendering with any background apps closed down in case that's the culprit (the computer is trying to do different things at the same time and that can also cause stutter

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Yes i checked the temp folders are empty i do regular defrag of my standard drives and i have switched of prefetch superfetch and pagefile i am running windows 7 64 bit.

The roxio program works very fast with rendering it is just that the sound and image do not match and it sounds as if the words are short i.e small become on the video mall reminds me of the old comedy type who pretends the mic is faulty and keeps tapping it as if to make it work. If it was not that on wmp it played fine i would wonder if the sound was recoreded wrong

Allan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users