• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KidB

KidB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi, I want to burn a playable DVD with a bunch of mp4, avi, etc files I have. They are mostly promotional videos and I'd like to also create menu so you can play them individually. I'm sure info on how to do it is somewhere with my product but I can't find it. Anybody able to help???

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

Look at Toast Help for how to make a video DVD. Choose the DVD video setting in the Video window. Add the videos. Fix the menu descriptions the way you want. Choose a menu style.

Since you are including AVI files it probably is a good idea to install the perian codec from perian.org in case any of those has ac3 audio. Otherwise you might have video with no audio on the final DVD.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 KidB

KidB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the advice on the Perian codec, which I just installed. So if I drop several video files in will Toast automatically know to create separate films of each and make menus accordingly?

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostKidB, on 09 August 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice on the Perian codec, which I just installed. So if I drop several video files in will Toast automatically know to create separate films of each and make menus accordingly?
Yes, it's that simple. Each video you add to the Toast window becomes a new title on the video DVD. Toast can work with any QuickTime-playable video format. Avoid wmv sources unless you want to buy a decoder license from Flip4Mac.

Another tip is to choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When it is created select the resulting .toast file using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. When the disc image mounts it should launch DVD Player (if your Mac is set up to automatically launch DVD Player when a video DVD disc is inserted). Now you can preview how the menu looks. If it all is good then burn the disc from the Copy window. If not, go back to the Video window and change your settings and choose Save as Disc Image again. Of course you should unmount and delete the older disc image before trying to write a new one because the Mac won't let you make two of the same things in the same place.

Also note that you can choose whether you want the disc to return to the menu when a video title has finished playing or if you want it to automatically start playing the next title.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 KidB

KidB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

One more questions if you don't mind. Is it possible to create several menus for one disk? For instance, I have videos from different years - can I create a "folder" for each year which you would open and would have a menu of the videos for that year?

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostKidB, on 13 August 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

One more questions if you don't mind. Is it possible to create several menus for one disk? For instance, I have videos from different years - can I create a "folder" for each year which you would open and would have a menu of the videos for that year?
Can't do it that way. There can be up to 98 videos on a disc (space permitting) and each one has its own menu button and description. You can choose how many of those appear on each menu page. Toast defaults to placing six menus on a page when there are six or more videos on the DVD. But you can select fewer to show up on each page. It may make sense for you to create multiple discs with each one encompassing certain periods.

#7 m1234

m1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi .. I could really use your help..

I have videos on a VHS.. I bought a digital converter (grass valley) that works great. I connect the vhc machine to my imac 7.  Titanium recognizes the VHC machine.  What settings will optimize the video? Once the transfer is complete how do you suggest i save the video? Titanium wants to put it on a disc.  I have purchase the blu ray plug in from Roxio.    I want to get the best quality I can.. I would like to put four moves of about 1 hr each;  on a blue ray disc and then bring them into iTunes.  

What is the best way to do this using titanium 11.  I am new to titanium and have found it a little stressful. Currently running  Lion..  

Thanks for your help..

#8 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm not familiar with the Grass Valley capture device. My understanding is the device determines the capture format and you may have some quality options. Tell me more about the device. If you want the videos in iTunes then add them to the Toast Convert window and choose the Apple TV preset (unless they are already captured in h.264 MPEG 4 in which case you simply can import them to iTunes from their location in the Finder).  As for what to do as far as burning to disc I'd like to first know more about the capture device and also want to know if the discs are merely for backup or if you want them to play on a standard or Blu-ray disc player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users