• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 judwin136

judwin136

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

I am writing about a problem with Photosuite 5 which happened after using this program for many years.  I am running this program using Windows XP OS.  Since this is an older program, Roxio no longer supplies  any support.

The problem I am inquiring about happens  after opening the Edit & Create feature of Photosuite 5 and have chosen a photo to edit.  I picked one of the edit features, performed an  edit and then hit done.  " Done editing photo. Save Changes? Do you want to save the changes you made to XXX.jpg?  yes  no cancel" came up.  Then I would choose :  yes.

The problem I am  having happens at this next step.  When I want to keep the original photo after editing the photo and giving it a new file name,  the step REPLACING EXISTING FILE? (click yes to replace the file or click no to select a new file name) is missing from my Photosuite 5 program.  Therefore, the only photo that I can save is the edited photo and the original photo is lost.

Does anyone  know how to restore the REPLACING EXISTING FILE? portion of the program?

#2 frogqueen57

frogqueen57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Before hitting done to close the photo go to file and "save as " Then make sure the name is not the same as the original and you will keep both photos. Then you can hit done editing photo and it will not ask you to save because you already have.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,719 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

Please note that you are replying to a more than one year old thread.  It is doubtful that your post will be of much help in this case.  Also, if you do post again, increase the size of your font.  I can read it -- just barely.!  ;)
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users