• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DrJohn

DrJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Greetings.  Just set up a new Dell Inspiron 620S desktop system with Roxio Creator pre-installed.  After a couple hours of configuring, I started getting this message:

"RoxWatchTray120EM.exe -- The program can't start because LayoutDll120EM.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Not sure what could have happened to the DLL, but if I deleted it, it sure wasn't on purpose.  Dell does not send installation media, so I can't reinstall.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

/John

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,059 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hi,

Roxwatchtray12 is in Creator 2010. Creator 2011 has roxwatchtray13, so your Dell OEM Creator looks to be their OEM version of C2010.

Dell's OEM versions are made to Dell's specs., and Dell undertake to provide all the support for them. It would be worth searching your computer for that DLL in case it has become "unregistered" [lost], but if it is actually gone then I'm afraid you'll have to approach Dell for help and a fresh copy.

I don't think a copy of LayoutDLL12.dll would help you, because even if you renamed it the same as yours, it will have different contents so won't match.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

"I did it"

#3 gcullen

gcullen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

I had a similar problem happen to me on a 64bit Windows 7 machine.  The machine appeared to be running just fine, then I installed a version of Microsoft Office.  After that, Roxio Creator Silver 4 started reporting the following:

RoxWatchTray13.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because LayoutDll13.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

LayoutDll13.dll was, in fact, installed on my computer.  Reinstalling Roxio did not help.  In addition, a copy of Lotus Symphony 3.0 FP3 started reporting an equally disturbing error:

IBM Lotus Symphony - Fatal Error
    The application cannot be started.
    The component manager is not available.
    Start the setup application to repair the installation from the CD or the folder containing the installation packages.

Reinstalling Lotus Symphony 3.0 FP3 did not help with this problem, either.

The problem turned out to be with the video drivers for the Nvidia graphics card that was running in "Nvidia Optimus" mode.  Updating the video card driver resolved both problems.  I happened to find the answer documented on the IBM website here: https://www-304.ibm....uid=swg21512506

Attached Files

#4 insleydi

insleydi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

layoutdll13 dll is missing when I try and use Roxio Creator Pro. I have installed, uininstalled, booted in safe and did the same thing but am not getting any satisfactory results. My  O/S is Winows 7.

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,059 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

Is the DLL not on the system at all, or is it physically there but not "registered" ?
You might need to tell Windows to search for hidden and system files when you go looking for the DLL.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windws XP, 7, and 8

"I did it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users