Roxio Community

Tivo Premiere Not Showing In Tivo Transfer ?!?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iapetus

iapetus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

We got a Tivo premiere a few months back and cannot get it to show up on tivo transfer.  We were on the phone with tivo customer service for an hr and they finally referred us to roxio saying it wasnt a problem on their end.  Roxio customer service can't seem to figure it out either.  We have toast 9 (using macs).  We also have a Tivo HD - and that shows up fine in tivo transfer.   It's the weirdest thing !  

Has anyone else had this problem ?  And does anyone know how to fix it ????

thanks in advance !

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,596 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

The TiVo Premiere requires TiVo Transfer version 2.0. Is that the one you're running? I don't know if Toast 9's latest update includes that version of TiVo Transfer or if you need the one included with Toast 10 and 11. Check the Roxio software updates page that you are using the latest update to Toast 9. If not, do the upgrade. In any case, trash your TiVo Transfer application, launch Toast and choose TiVo Transfer from Toast's Extras menu. This installs the latest version included with Toast 9. If it is TiVo Transfer version 2.0 it should work with your Premiere.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 iapetus

iapetus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

View Posttsantee, on 15 August 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

The TiVo Premiere requires TiVo Transfer version 2.0. Is that the one you're running? I don't know if Toast 9's latest update includes that version of TiVo Transfer or if you need the one included with Toast 10 and 11. Check the Roxio software updates page that you are using the latest update to Toast 9. If not, do the upgrade. In any case, trash your TiVo Transfer application, launch Toast and choose TiVo Transfer from Toast's Extras menu. This installs the latest version included with Toast 9. If it is TiVo Transfer version 2.0 it should work with your Premiere.

thanks ... it is tivo transfer 2.0 ?

#4 darrenoia

darrenoia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

View Postiapetus, on 15 August 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

thanks ... it is tivo transfer 2.0 ?

I also have a new Premiere with TiVo Transfer 2.0 and Toast 9 -- it saw my old Series 3, but it won't see my Premiere. I can access the Premiere listings by inputting the IP address in my browser, so I'm thinking it's not a firewall issue. Baffled.

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,596 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:39 AM

View Postdarrenoia, on 17 August 2011 - 09:22 AM, said:

I also have a new Premiere with TiVo Transfer 2.0 and Toast 9 -- it saw my old Series 3, but it won't see my Premiere. I can access the Premiere listings by inputting the IP address in my browser, so I'm thinking it's not a firewall issue. Baffled.
All I know is when the Premiere came out that Roxio had to update the TiVo Transfer application so it could be seen. Your situation sounds like that situation and the fix was the update. I'd still move the existing one to the trash and then reopen a new one from the Toast Extras menu just in case. I believe there also is a plist file you can trash in the User>Library>Preferences folder. It won't change the library to do this.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#6 darrenoia

darrenoia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

View Posttsantee, on 18 August 2011 - 05:39 AM, said:

All I know is when the Premiere came out that Roxio had to update the TiVo Transfer application so it could be seen. Your situation sounds like that situation and the fix was the update. I'd still move the existing one to the trash and then reopen a new one from the Toast Extras menu just in case. I believe there also is a plist file you can trash in the User>Library>Preferences folder. It won't change the library to do this.

Thanks for the advice, tsantee. I had tried the plist/Extras Menu stuff already on your advice, but to no avail. I upgraded to Toast 11 and it's able to see my Premiere now. The version number of Tivo Transfer is still listed as 2.0 in the menu, but in the Finder it's 2.1. I'm having the same problem with Mac2TiVo that others are, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users