• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Skykendall

Viewing Slideshow

Question

I made three slideshows to show at a reunion. The problem is that you can only watch the slideshows on a DVD player and not on your computer. They want to show the slideshows on a computer driven projector and there lies my problem.

Can anyone tell me how to format the slideshows so that you can see them on the computer? I know that this can be done because I made a slideshow in the past that I could watch on the computer but was not recognized by the DVD player. It seems like it has to be one or the other.

The reunion is this coming weekend so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I made three slideshows to show at a reunion. The problem is that you can only watch the slideshows on a DVD player and not on your computer. They want to show the slideshows on a computer driven projector and there lies my problem.

Can anyone tell me how to format the slideshows so that you can see them on the computer? I know that this can be done because I made a slideshow in the past that I could watch on the computer but was not recognized by the DVD player. It seems like it has to be one or the other.

The reunion is this coming weekend so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

First of all tell us what software you are using, ie how did you create the slideshow? We will then move your post to the correct forum.

Why can't you play the DVD on the computer? Does it not have a DVD player installed?

First of all tell us what software you are using, ie how did you create the slideshow? We will then move your post to the correct forum.

Why can't you play the DVD on the computer? Does it not have a DVD player installed?

I am using Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate and am working with Windows XP. I created the slideshows with VideoWave.

I am using Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate and am working with Windows XP. I created the slideshows with VideoWave.

The computer has a DVD player and a DVD burner. I have no idea why it will not recognize the slideshows.

Understand regarding the DVD "Burner" you have on the computer, but what kind of "DVD Player" do you have installed on the computer ?

And after producing the "Videowave" slide show, did you use the Creator 2009 "MyDVD" program to burn the DVD ?

Does the Projector you are using have ports or attachments for a video and sound cablesyou can run to the computer to the computer ?

I have a HP laptop and a digital projector that I use to play DVD's that are on my laptop made with Roxio programs. The "DVD" player I'm

using that is installed on my computer is "Cyberlink--Power DVD".

Frank...

Hello Frank,

Thanks for replying.

I have a NEC DVD+ RW-3530A and a Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615 installed in my computer.

What puzzles me is that I made a slideshow about a year ago and I am able to watch it on my computer. I definitely used Roxio but as I recall I did not use VideoWave. That’s the only difference that I can think of but I just don’t have the time to make new slideshows.

I'm currently looking into renting a DVD projector.

Hello Frank,

Thanks for replying.

I have a NEC DVD+ RW-3530A and a Sony DVD-ROM DDU1615 installed in my computer.

What puzzles me is that I made a slideshow about a year ago and I am able to watch it on my computer. I definitely used Roxio but as I recall I did not use VideoWave. That's the only difference that I can think of but I just don't have the time to make new slideshows.

I'm currently looking into renting a DVD projector.

While you can use Videowave to "assemble" your slideshow, you cannot burn that slideshow to a DVD with Videowave. To create a slideshow on a DVD you have to use myDVD. If you burned that slideshow as a proper video DVD then it should play on any DVD player/burner attached to a computer.

Perhaps a more detailed description of how you created the slideshow will show us where you are going wrong.