16 replies to this topic

#1 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Unfortunately, the Roxio Game Capture recording software doesn't bring out the recording level controls, those are left to be accessed inside the Windows volume controls.

So, here's how to get at them.  (I know Jonatsonic posted the same directions, but here's some images to go with it, on Windows 7.)

Start by right-clicking on the volume control and selecting "Recording Devices."

RGCStart.jpg

That will open up the following window:

RGCSelect.jpg

Now double click on the Roxio Game Cap device to bring up the following window.

RGCGeneral.jpg

Then click on the "Level" tab at the top and adjust the volume down so it's not distorting.

RGCLevels.jpg

Hope that helps!
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

#2 systemchaos

systemchaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

View Postd_deweywright, on 21 August 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hope that helps!

No it doesn't. When I start -just START- lowering the volume the sound gets super loud and even more disorted! Then I set it down to zero and it's just as loud and disorted as before ...

#3 Keldor

Keldor

Interrupter Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

View Postsystemchaos, on 09 November 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

No it doesn't. When I start -just START- lowering the volume the sound gets super loud and even more disorted! Then I set it down to zero and it's just as loud and disorted as before ...

Yeah, it became clear month ago that these clowns couldn't give a two monkey's whether or not their products work properly.

Their so called solutions don't solve anything and I've been waiting for them to fix this major issue since july, and it's not like I could return this joke of a product, I bought it new from an ebay seller, because it was cheaper...

#4 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Have you seen this article?  If you have Skype installed, apparently it may do funky things with your volume settings.  So open Skype and try setting the volume down there.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

#5 Jonathan Gamer

Jonathan Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Video-Games, Rec video-games with my Roxio Video-Capture for consoles, Movies and alot other-things.

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

View Postsystemchaos, on 09 November 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

The same-thing is  happening to me. Its a pain in the butt

#6 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

View PostJonathan Gamer, on 15 November 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

The same-thing is  happening to me. Its a pain in the butt
And did you follow the link to the article?  Do you have Skype installed?
Dave D-W

#7 Jonathan Gamer

Jonathan Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Video-Games, Rec video-games with my Roxio Video-Capture for consoles, Movies and alot other-things.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

View Postd_deweywright, on 15 November 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

And did you follow the link to the article?  Do you have Skype installed?

I did follow the article  advice  but no luck. It  is still the same and as well  I un-install   Skype on my lap-top.

#8 m-atze

m-atze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

I guess I solved this problem...

yesterday, I just pluged on a wire like this
http://www.amazon.de...22645337&sr=8-2

to the audio OUT of my Roxio and put the cable into the Mic-IN of my Notebook. So I opened the windows Audio mixer and lowered the gain-In for this "microphone"

For capturing I usually use virtual Dub and there you can pick your source for the audio to capture. Just select the new Mic and you will have a brilliant sound from your RBC without many efforts.

I hope this short guide will help you to solve some sound-issues.

Greets
m-atze

Please excuse my englisch - Im not an native english-speaker...

#9 Keldor

Keldor

Interrupter Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

View Postm-atze, on 30 November 2011 - 01:33 AM, said:

to the audio OUT of my Roxio and put the cable into the Mic-IN of my Notebook. So I opened the windows Audio mixer and lowered the gain-In for this "microphone"

For capturing I usually use virtual Dub and there you can pick your source for the audio to capture. Just select the new Mic and you will have a brilliant sound from your RBC without many efforts.

Greets
m-atze

Please excuse my english - Im not an native english-speaker...

Thanks for the info m-atze.

I will give this a try.

But this is my last attempt to get this thing to work without having to reinstall it to fix the audio problem.

P.S. your english is good.

#10 Keldor

Keldor

Interrupter Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

Greets
m-atze

Thank you very much, m-atze, it works like a charm now, no distorted audio anymore.

It's only taken since july for someone to sort this major issue and you come along and in two posts you solved the issue!

#11 m-atze

m-atze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

View PostKeldor, on 01 December 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

Thank you very much, m-atze, it works like a charm now, no distorted audio anymore.

It's only taken since july for someone to sort this major issue and you come along and in two posts you solved the issue!

Oh that sounds good.
My co-worker, who does a lot with music eding gave me this Tip, and it worked perfct. So I had to share this with you :-)

Im glad to help the people in this forum, who always had some good tips for me (I followed this board a while as a reader)

So long... m-atze

#12 Continuous

Continuous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Greets
m-atze

ya i cant figure out what that saids.

#13 m-atze

m-atze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

View PostContinuous, on 01 December 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

ya i cant figure out what that saids.

you dont have to record the sound via USB from the GameCapture, where you cant change the level of sound etc.
But you can try this Method - it worked really good for recording a clear und brilliant sound from your game (I tried CoD Modern Warfare 3 and it was perfect)

If you have any more questions regarding this kind of wiring your equipment, just send me a PM and I will answer you asap...

#14 RGK Chaos

RGK Chaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

I was able to change the levels of sound so that I can reduce the distortion. I have mine all the way down to zero and there is still distortion. Any possible fix?

#15 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Did you try the fix in Post #8

#16 AlanOC91

AlanOC91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just want to expand on this solution for those having trouble if I may.
I managed to sort the distortion (at least in my mind I have) after trying a lot of stuff. In the end it was very simple.
As the OP said, open up your roxio game capture line (make sure you are listening to the device) and reduce the line volume very low (I set it to 0 and it worked wonders).
Some users report that the sound eventually goes back up, this is true. I noticed when I started the game  (or when I start my livestream) the line volume jumps back to 100. As far as I know it does this a lot more frequently if you close off the line volume window.
What I did was keep the line volume Window open, set it to 0. Started the game, it jumped to 100, set it back to 0 and leave the window open for the duration of the recording. It stayed 0.

Now for the second part. On your bottom right toolbar, right click your volume icon and select 'Open Volume Mixer'. Search for LINE(Roxio GameCap) and adjust the slider. I found the optimal volume to be from around 20 - 35. (if you are not listening to the device it will not appear in the volume mixer)

After this I recorded a battle on final fantasy XIII-2 (these battles normally have VERY high distortion if you didnt do the above) and there was no distortion for the whole battle and everything was very smooth and easy on the ears.

I hope this helped people. I am only just after discovering it now after some fiddling with settings :)

For those interested, here is what the final outcome looks like when using the device:
Screen Captrue
Recorded Video

Edited by AlanOC91, 13 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#17 RikClarke4

RikClarke4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

Can somebody please help me? This is not working at all. When I go on Recording devices and turn the slider to 0, the sound still distorts. (And yes, I make sure that it stays at 0.) I also go on 'Volume mixer' and turn the slider for Line Roxio game cap down too. The sound STILL distorts. For extra information, my settings for visual/audio settings are set correctly and I use turtle beach for my mic. Somebody please reply or send me a personal message to give me a step by step guide. This is very frustrating, as you can imagine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users