4 replies to this topic

#1 clarke252

clarke252

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi,

Just got this message of the customer support at roxio and was wondering how id go about updating my drivers, any help would be very helpful thankyou

Dear Jack,

Thank you for the DxDiag information.

After reviewing the DxDiag information, I can see that the Display Devices, Sound Devices and Sound Capture Devices are out-dated. I would request you to update all the above mentioned drivers.

Many times video and sound card manufacturers offer updates that can improve the performance of your video card and sound. To find out what video and sound device you need to update, please contact the manufacturer.

Updating your video card drivers and sound card drivers can have a number of benefits. It can fix errors, often seen as system lockups or graphical glitches, and can improve overall performance, allowing programs to run more smoothly. Sometimes a driver update will even add support for new features or functionality.

Jack, contact your video card manufacturer for the latest video card drivers. As your System Manufacturer is 'Toshiba', please contact them and update the same.

After updating all the drivers, please check with the issue.

Do let us know the status.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,338 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

And????????
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

The first thing to do is go to the web-site of your PC Manufacturer, and search for driver updates.  Usually they'll be listed by the model of your PC.  You'll have to download the update files, then execute them to install the updates.  You'll want to look for updates for your motherboard drivers, which may include audio chip/driver updates, and video chip updates.  If you have a separate video card, then you may find driver updates on the PC manufacturer's web-site, but you may find newer drivers on the video card manufacturer's web-site.  Follow the same procedure.  

Go to the video card manufacturer's web-site, search for driver updates for your video card model.  Download and install.

Hope that helps.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

#4 clarke252

clarke252

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for getting back,

Iv'e downloaded and installed both the display driver and sound driver but it still doesn't work. My laptop is a Satellite L450D-11W and i downloaded the drivers of the Toshiba website so im not sure what to try next

#5 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

Well, since the only indication of a problem is in the subject, give us some more details about your setup.  What sort of game console are you using?  Are you getting a good signal through the game capture unit to your TV/monitor?  Things like that.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users