Roxio Community

Can't Install Bluray Plgin (2011 Creator)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

Purchased the BluRay plugin to allow me to author BluRay and burn but it won't install.
Tell's me that setup cannot find a valid version of the software to upgrade.
New Dell i7 Win 7 Pro only 3 weeks old. Purchased Roxio Creator 2011 with the laptop thru Dell.
Verified that Roxio Creator 2011 is up to date. It is.  Updated Windows to make sure it has all patches. It does.
Been going thru this with Roxio support.  They've escalated it to Level 2, whatever that means.
Anybody have this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

View PostSoccerdad, on 19 August 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

Purchased the BluRay plugin to allow me to author BluRay and burn but it won't install.
Tell's me that setup cannot find a valid version of the software to upgrade.
New Dell i7 Win 7 Pro only 3 weeks old. Purchased Roxio Creator 2011 with the laptop thru Dell.
Verified that Roxio Creator 2011 is up to date. It is.  Updated Windows to make sure it has all patches. It does.
Been going thru this with Roxio support.  They've escalated it to Level 2, whatever that means.
Anybody have this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Post a screen shot of the "about"  page of the Creator 2011you bought.  Sometimes Dell (and others) sell special versions of the software.  Do you have any problems with the Creator 2010 software except for the blu-ray update?  Is this what you bought?

Edited by sknis, 19 August 2011 - 01:51 PM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

When you post a screen dump - make 100% certain that any CD key is erased on the shot before posting please
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

View Postgi7omy, on 19 August 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

When you post a screen dump - make 100% certain that any CD key is erased on the shot before posting please
Like this:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   155.72K   2 downloads

Then call it "Serial Number" in the About  :wacko:
Posted Image

#5 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Hi,
I purchased a new Dell XPS and have had it for about 3 weeks.  I purchased Roxio Creator 2011 when I purchased the laptop thru Dell. I was charged for it.
It came in with it and I can edit and run Creator 2011 fine.  I have a bluray burner on the laptop and want to burn BluRay. I went to Roxio's site, purchased the BluRay plugin to author BluRay (burn discs).
I purchased it, got a receipt and order number. They sent me the link (automated) to download the plugin.  I downloaded and when I go to install I get this error:
Setup cannot find a valid version of the software to upgrade.

I've had discussions with a couple of Roxio support folks and am very disappointed.  It's been 3 days and all I've gotten is that the ticket has been escalated to Level 2.  

I've sent them screenshots of the Roxio version and specific diagnostics they had me run.  

This is so frustrating for a $19 plugin that should have come with the app to begin with.

If anyone has a fix, please let me know.

Dell XPS
i7, 8GB RAM, Win 7 Pro  (Roxio and OS are fully up to date)

#6 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

I attached my file but it's not showing... It was a .jpg of the screenshot of the Roxio 2011 version, etc.

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostSoccerdad, on 22 August 2011 - 05:23 AM, said:

Hi,
I purchased a new Dell XPS and have had it for about 3 weeks.  I purchased Roxio Creator 2011 when I purchased the laptop thru Dell. I was charged for it.
It came in with it and I can edit and run Creator 2011 fine.  I have a bluray burner on the laptop and want to burn BluRay. I went to Roxio's site, purchased the BluRay plugin to author BluRay (burn discs).
I purchased it, got a receipt and order number. They sent me the link (automated) to download the plugin.  I downloaded and when I go to install I get this error:
Setup cannot find a valid version of the software to upgrade.

I've had discussions with a couple of Roxio support folks and am very disappointed.  It's been 3 days and all I've gotten is that the ticket has been escalated to Level 2.  

I've sent them screenshots of the Roxio version and specific diagnostics they had me run.  

This is so frustrating for a $19 plugin that should have come with the app to begin with.

If anyone has a fix, please let me know.

Dell XPS
i7, 8GB RAM, Win 7 Pro  (Roxio and OS are fully up to date)

We are not support ! Make3 the jpeg smaller. :angry:

Edited by sknis, 22 August 2011 - 05:44 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#8 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:50 AM

It's 28K. Not sure how small it needs to be.Attached File  shot1.jpg   25.99K   0 downloads

#9 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:57 AM

Full screenshot

Attached Files

#10 Soccerdad

Soccerdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Roxio told me that the BluRay plugin to author (burn) blu ray DVD's is not compatible with the OEM version (the version Dell installs when purchased with a new PC) of Creator 2011.
I called Dell and they told me the OEM version that's purchased supports BluRay burning and it's included.  I thought, great, I'll give it a shot.
When I go to create a DVD, the BluRay selection is grayed out.  Only choices are DVD, VCD/SVCD and AVCHD... It shows Blu Ray but it won't let me select.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Is there another way to tell it you want to burn a BluRay?

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostSoccerdad, on 23 August 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Roxio told me that the BluRay plugin to author (burn) blu ray DVD's is not compatible with the OEM version (the version Dell installs when purchased with a new PC) of Creator 2011.
I called Dell and they told me the OEM version that's purchased supports BluRay burning and it's included.  I thought, great, I'll give it a shot.
When I go to create a DVD, the BluRay selection is grayed out.  Only choices are DVD, VCD/SVCD and AVCHD... It shows Blu Ray but it won't let me select.

Why not go to Dell and ask them why you can't burn BlueRay as they claim? I suspect that the person you spke to at Dell doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
Since it is a Dell OEM version they are responsible for any issues you are having. That is part of the agreement they made with Roxio.

Looking at your screenshot above, it looks like you have the Standard version which does not have the capability to burn "video" BlueRay discs but you may be able to burn data to BlueRay discs. To authour video BlueRay discs you need the "High-def Blu-ray Disc Plug-in"

Edited by myguggi, 23 August 2011 - 12:40 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Taht is all you can do...

I have never heard of Dell having any Creator 2011 as an OEM though :o

They used to have one based on EMC 10 and have one they called "Starter" which is based on Creator 2010, version 12.1.xx.x but yours looks like a seperate purchase of Creator 2011 and carries the proper version number <_<

Do you have the Box for it?

Which one does it look like?

Attached File  2011 Boxes.jpg   62.08K   0 downloads

Posted Image

#13 Shuswapmike

Shuswapmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Did you get this resolved?  I have the same problem.  Sounds like I have almost same computer as you.  Dell XPS with bluray burner.  I bought Roxio 2011 separately.  Roxio does recognize the blank bluray disc.

#14 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Which version of Creator 2011 do you have? The 'pro version has the blu-ray plug-in, the other version dosn't and that had to be purchased separately.

Additionally, for Blu-Ray video, there was another plug-in but with the movie companies constantly changing the encryption that has since been withdrawn
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#15 DocRock54

DocRock54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostSoccerdad, on 23 August 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Soccerdad - did you ever get this resolved?  I'm in exactly the same boat as you.  I'm a newbie, got Creator 11 with virtually an identical Dell.  I have the Blu-ray choice grayed out.  I've e-mailed Dell, and all they do is refer me to technical support, when all I need to know is should the plug-in have come with the already installed software.  Roxio has been even less helpful, since they don't send you a new e-mail with a link when they have replied to your last post.  They haven't seemed to understand what my issue was, despite multiple attempts.  I finally asked if I could simply purchase the plug-in, only to be told that the plug-in is no longer available.  That's hard to believe, given the computer's only two months old.  Why sell software that you can't update?  In any event, can you tell me what you did?  It seems like Roxio is not-so-subtly pushing us to buy Creator 2012, just so we can use all the tools of Creator.

#16 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,702 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

View PostDocRock54, on 06 December 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Soccerdad - did you ever get this resolved?  I'm in exactly the same boat as you.  I'm a newbie, got Creator 11 with virtually an identical Dell.  I have the Blu-ray choice grayed out.  I've e-mailed Dell, and all they do is refer me to technical support, when all I need to know is should the plug-in have come with the already installed software.  Roxio has been even less helpful, since they don't send you a new e-mail with a link when they have replied to your last post.  They haven't seemed to understand what my issue was, despite multiple attempts.  I finally asked if I could simply purchase the plug-in, only to be told that the plug-in is no longer available.  That's hard to believe, given the computer's only two months old.  Why sell software that you can't update?  In any event, can you tell me what you did?  It seems like Roxio is not-so-subtly pushing us to buy Creator 2012, just so we can use all the tools of Creator.

Did you indeed pay for Creator 2011 or was there a OEM version that came with the Dell.   That OEM version burns only blu-ray data discs and not Movie discs.  

What is no longer available is the blu-ray add on to CinePlayer to play commercial blu-ray discs regardless of what version of CinePlayer you have.

Call Roxio sales during their normal working hours.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#17 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

If you wqant to be notified for replies, go to control panel, notifications, options and tick the relevant boxes

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#18 DocRock54

DocRock54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

View Postsknis, on 07 December 2011 - 02:12 AM, said:

Did you indeed pay for Creator 2011 or was there a OEM version that came with the Dell.   That OEM version burns only blu-ray data discs and not Movie discs.  

What is no longer available is the blu-ray add on to CinePlayer to play commercial blu-ray discs regardless of what version of CinePlayer you have.

Call Roxio sales during their normal working hours.
Thanks for your reply.  RE: OEM version - I told support I was willing to pay for the plug-in.  After numerous exchanges they finally said that the plug-in was no longer available, and they didn't say for which product (though I specified Creator).  I'm puzzled that I couldn't get the help I needed by e-mailing support and now have to call sales.  After all this, I am not hopeful that I'll get an answer from them either.

#19 DocRock54

DocRock54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

View Postgi7omy, on 07 December 2011 - 07:42 AM, said:

If you wqant to be notified for replies, go to control panel, notifications, options and tick the relevant boxes
Thanks.  I did.

#20 DocRock54

DocRock54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

View PostDocRock54, on 11 December 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply.  RE: OEM version - I told support I was willing to pay for the plug-in.  After numerous exchanges they finally said that the plug-in was no longer available, and they didn't say for which product (though I specified Creator).  I'm puzzled that I couldn't get the help I needed by e-mailing support and now have to call sales.  After all this, I am not hopeful that I'll get an answer from them either.
Just another update.  I spent >1 hour on the phone today with Dell technical support.  He was very patient, but it took most of that time for him to understand the issue.  You would think this is a common enough concern that Dell would  make their tech support people aware of it.  Long story short - he suggested I buy Creator 2012 and he would help me get reimbursed for the 2011 product.  I'm sorry - that's just too much trouble.  I don't mind not being able to burn BD nearly as much as the time I've wasted trying to figure out where the issue was.  Some guidance from either Dell or Roxio, letting me know the product doesn't support burning BD movies would have been much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users