• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Belleh20

Belleh20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

HELP! I have thebiggest headache.. I have 10 years worth of DVD-R from my handyman disc recorder that I would like to put on one or a few Discs that I would like to view on a Blue_ Ray player. I am able to burn some on a 120 minute DVD-RW but still cant view on a ;player just the ;laptop.. I cant finalize because it say to insert an appanable disc..what does this mean.... can someone tell me how I can copy all the disc to my hard driver.. and tell me what discs to buy so I can view home videos on my blur ray please...i am working with Creator 2011 and a brand new HP...
:ninja:

Edited by Belleh20, 22 August 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,841 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostBelleh20, on 22 August 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

HELP! I have thebiggest headache.. I have 10 years worth of DVD-R from my handyman disc recorder that I would like to put on one or a few Discs that I would like to view on a Blue_ Ray player. I am able to burn some on a 120 minute DVD-RW but still cant view on a ;player just the ;laptop.. I cant finalize because it say to insert an appanable disc..what does this mean.... can someone tell me how I can copy all the disc to my hard driver.. and tell me what discs to buy so I can view home videos on my blur ray please...i am working with Creator 2011 and a brand new HP...
:ninja:

You can't just copy video files to a DVD and watch them on a DVD player. Also a video DVD never has to be finalized as that is done by the DVD burning program automatically.

You didn't supply any information on how you are creating your DVDs. The program to use to create a DVD that is playable on DVD players you have to use myDVD to authour the DVD. Did you do this?
Also, a standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video. Any longer and the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

BTW, how much in total time do you want to burn? I would think that you will need more then "one or a few discs"

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users