boxman

Imported Narrative Sounds Like Echo Chamber?

Question

I had a hard drive crash and just re-installed 2011 on the new drive. I use a text to speech processor with professional voice synth to produce narrative for virtual tours. This are in .wav format and I drag and drop them on the narrative track in the production. The preview and rendering of the production now sounds like the script was recorded in an echo chamber...

Here is a link to see/hear the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmlhxtbUdo

you can click on any of the other tour videos on our channel [gilliggroup] to hear what it should sound like...

Would really like to turn this echo feature off but can't figure out how...anyone have any ideas?

2nd post...

okay that embedded file sounds right when I just played it on my other machine...

guessing this has something to do with sound card settings on new machine... in addition to new hard drive they replaced motherboard, graphics cards, power supply and cooling system.

So I don't believe this is a software issue...

My apologies for the post....

Edited by boxman

3 answers to this question

Perhaps you could actually post some details instead of a topic header and no text

• Like 1

Perhaps you could actually post some details instead of a topic header and no text

I believe the OP discovered that it was a hardware problem and not software and he then marked the post as "solved" which of course makes it disappear if there is only one post in a thread

This his full post:

=================================================================================================================================

1. I had a hard drive crash and just re-installed 2011 on the new drive. I use a text to speech processor with professional voice synth to produce narrative for virtual tours. This are in .wav format and I drag and drop them on the narrative track in the production. The preview and rendering of the production now sounds like the script was recorded in an echo chamber...

Here is a link to see/hear the video....

you can click on any of the other tour videos on our channel [gilliggroup] to hear what it should sound like...

Would really like to turn this echo feature off but can't figure out how...anyone have any ideas?

Edited by myguggi