bangers

Robbed Hard Disk Space?

HI

i`ve got emc 10 and when i make a picture dvd with sound track for play back on the tv

my hard disk is getting robbed? i have just made a disc with pictures and sound with a total size of

292mb but after creating it 2gb of space has gone? i`m not saving my projects and cant see where or why

the space is being taken?

anyone any ideas please.

cheers

HI

i`ve got emc 10 and when i make a picture dvd with sound track for play back on the tv

my hard disk is getting robbed? i have just made a disc with pictures and sound with a total size of

292mb but after creating it 2gb of space has gone? i`m not saving my projects and cant see where or why

the space is being taken?

anyone any ideas please.

cheers

Are you clearing out your proxy files? Are you clearing out your temp files? Are you doing any disk maintenance?

What program from EMC 10 are you using to create create you "picture DVD"?

BTW, the size of your source files is irrelevant to the final size on a DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality.

Why are you not saving your projects? A project file takes up only a few kb on a hard drive and you will need it if you ever want to make any changes to a project.

Edited by myguggi

Are you clearing out your proxy files? Are you clearing out your temp files? Are you doing any disk maintenance?

What program from EMC 10 are you using to create create you "picture DVD"?

BTW, the size of your source files is irrelevant to the final size on a DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality.

Why are you not saving your projects? A project file takes up only a few kb on a hard drive and you will need it if you ever want to make any changes to a project.

i clean out my temp files after every use and i am using defraggler but not heard of proxy files?

where would i find these? i am using the photo suite to create the dvd

***JUST SEEN THAT I HAVE A COPY OF EASY CD AND DVD BURNING6 AND NOT EMC10 SO CAN THIS THREAD BE MOVED TO THE CORRECT FORUM PLEASE**** SORRY :)

Edited by bangers

i clean out my temp files after every use and i am using defraggler but not heard of proxy files?

where would i find these? i am using the photo suite to create the dvd

***JUST SEEN THAT I HAVE A COPY OF EASY CD AND DVD BURNING6 AND NOT EMC10 SO CAN THIS THREAD BE MOVED TO THE CORRECT FORUM PLEASE**** SORRY :)

Not sure this is correct for your old version.Have a look.

When using Video Wave and particularily after doing a lot of editing, periodically clean the proxy files - Tools-Options- Clear proxy file. These are temporary files that build up over time but should be automatically deleted when you reboot.

Not sure this is correct for your old version.Have a look.

When using Video Wave and particularily after doing a lot of editing, periodically clean the proxy files - Tools-Options- Clear proxy file. These are temporary files that build up over time but should be automatically deleted when you reboot.

[/quote

ok i have sorted it if anyone else is having problems having there hard disk space robbed

try this(it worked for me but i cant be responsable for what you click so if it go`s wrong

dont blaim me !!) and if you want to save your projects DONT DO THIS

ok first my computer,your documents,delete slideshow.dat and slideshow.dmsm files this will free up space

then my computer,the drive where documents and settings are your drive could be ( C: or D: where yours is)

in one of the folders look for application data, next roxio folder then mydvdtemp folders and remove files

next videoUI10 then proxy folder remove files (BUT NOT PROXYLOG) CLICK BACK then media manger 10 remove all files BUT NOT PSOD FILE

and your done check your hard drive for the incress in space

and after defrag( system tool or defraggler)

hope this helps :)

One tip about defragging - don't just run it and leave it - keep doing it until it doesn't move any more files. Sometimes it can take half a dozen or more passes to finish it off