5 replies to this topic

#1 bangers

bangers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

HI

i`ve got emc 10 and when i make a picture dvd with sound track for play back on the tv
my hard disk is getting robbed? i have just made a disc with pictures and sound with a total size of
292mb but after creating it 2gb of space has gone? i`m not saving my projects and cant see where or why
the space is being taken?
anyone any ideas please.

cheers

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,795 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

View Postbangers, on 27 August 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

HI

i`ve got emc 10 and when i make a picture dvd with sound track for play back on the tv
my hard disk is getting robbed? i have just made a disc with pictures and sound with a total size of
292mb but after creating it 2gb of space has gone? i`m not saving my projects and cant see where or why
the space is being taken?
anyone any ideas please.

cheers

Are you clearing out your proxy files? Are you clearing out your temp files? Are you doing any disk maintenance?
What program from EMC 10 are you using to create create you "picture DVD"?
BTW, the size of your source files is irrelevant to the final size on a DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality.
Why are you not saving your projects? A project file takes up only a few kb on a hard drive and you will need it if you ever want to make any changes to a project.

Edited by myguggi, 27 August 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 bangers

bangers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 27 August 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

Are you clearing out your proxy files? Are you clearing out your temp files? Are you doing any disk maintenance?
What program from EMC 10 are you using to create create you "picture DVD"?
BTW, the size of your source files is irrelevant to the final size on a DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD can hold 60 minutes of video at best (HQ) quality.
Why are you not saving your projects? A project file takes up only a few kb on a hard drive and you will need it if you ever want to make any changes to a project.

i clean out my temp files after every use and i am using defraggler but not heard of proxy files?
where would i find these? i am using the photo suite to create the dvd

***JUST SEEN THAT I HAVE A COPY OF EASY CD AND DVD BURNING6 AND NOT EMC10 SO CAN THIS THREAD BE MOVED TO THE CORRECT FORUM PLEASE**** SORRY :)

Edited by bangers, 27 August 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,195 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

View Postbangers, on 27 August 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

i clean out my temp files after every use and i am using defraggler but not heard of proxy files?
where would i find these? i am using the photo suite to create the dvd

***JUST SEEN THAT I HAVE A COPY OF EASY CD AND DVD BURNING6 AND NOT EMC10 SO CAN THIS THREAD BE MOVED TO THE CORRECT FORUM PLEASE**** SORRY :)

Not sure this is correct for your old version.Have a look.

When using Video Wave and particularily after doing a lot of editing, periodically clean the proxy files  - Tools-Options- Clear proxy file.  These are temporary files that build up over time but should be automatically deleted when you reboot.

#5 bangers

bangers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

[quote name='ogdens' date='27 August 2011 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1314486799' post='384478']
Not sure this is correct for your old version.Have a look.

When using Video Wave and particularily after doing a lot of editing, periodically clean the proxy files  - Tools-Options- Clear proxy file.  These are temporary files that build up over time but should be automatically deleted when you reboot.
[/quote

ok i have sorted it if anyone else is having problems having there hard disk space robbed
try this(it worked for me but i cant be responsable for what you click so if it go`s wrong
dont blaim me !!) and if you want to save your projects [u]DONT DO THIS[/u]

ok first my computer,your documents,delete slideshow.dat and slideshow.dmsm files this will free up space
then my computer,the drive where documents and settings are your drive could be ( C: or D: where yours is)
in one of the folders look for application data, next roxio folder then mydvdtemp folders and remove files
next videoUI10 then proxy folder remove files (BUT NOT PROXYLOG) CLICK BACK then media manger 10 remove all files BUT NOT PSOD FILE
and your done check your hard drive for the incress in space
and after defrag( system tool or defraggler)

hope this helps :)

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

One tip about defragging - don't just run it and leave it - keep doing it until it doesn't move any more files. Sometimes it can take half a dozen or more passes to finish it off
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users