Jump to content

Roxio Community

Tdixsupport Error


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimmol

jimmol

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

Has anyone gotten this error before? You can't open the application TDIXSupport because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

I had upgraded to Lion July 30, 2100 and found I could still use toast 8. I had made disk images as late as 8-11. As of last week I opened several toast images using toast.

Today, I installed two software updates: Lion 10.7.1 and iTunes 10.4.1. Now when I try to open a TOAST made disk image I get the error above. I can still make the disc image, just not open them.

Anyone know enough about how toast works with Lion to shed some light on why this on feature stopped working?

Thanks

#2 tsantee

tsantee

    Digital Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eugene, Oregon

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

How did you try to mount the disc image? Did you use the Mount It contextual menu or did you use Mount disc image from the Toast Utilities menu or did you simply select the disc image in the Copy window and click Mount? Did all of those methods fail? If so you still might be able to mount them by changing the .toast extension to .dmg or .iso and use Apple's DiskImageMounter to mount them.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 jimmol

jimmol

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

View Posttsantee, on 29 August 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

How did you try to mount the disc image? Did you use the Mount It contextual menu or did you use Mount disc image from the Toast Utilities menu or did you simply select the disc image in the Copy window and click Mount? Did all of those methods fail? If so you still might be able to mount them by changing the .toast extension to .dmg or .iso and use Apple's DiskImageMounter to mount them.

I cannot find the contextual menu option. My preferences are check to "Install Toast It and Mount It Desktop menu items" but when I control click the options are not available and I cannot find my install disc.

I can change the toast to dmg and it will open up so that is a short term solution.

I just cannot see spending 90.00 to make image files and be able to open them. If I used the product more, then it might be worth it.

Thanks for your suggestions, when I find the install disk, I will try to add the contextual menus.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

    Digital Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eugene, Oregon

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

View Postjimmol, on 30 August 2011 - 04:11 AM, said:

I cannot find the contextual menu option. My preferences are check to "Install Toast It and Mount It Desktop menu items" but when I control click the options are not available and I cannot find my install disc.

I can change the toast to dmg and it will open up so that is a short term solution.

I just cannot see spending 90.00 to make image files and be able to open them. If I used the product more, then it might be worth it.

Thanks for your suggestions, when I find the install disk, I will try to add the contextual menus.
You don't need the install disc to install Toast It and Mount It. They are in the Toast application package so if you had that box checked when you ran the Toast set-up assistant they are there. However, I don't know if the version of Toast It/Mount It included with Toast 8 works with Lion. The only way to check is to control click on a .toast disc image and scroll to the bottom of the contextual menu. If it isn't there then highlight the Services item in the contextual menu and it should appear in the next window that opens.

What happens when you try to mount the disc image from within the Toast application's Copy window?

My brother keeps trying to open .toast image files by double-clicking on them. It doesn't work that way. They have to be mounted using one of the three methods I described previously. However, I don't have Toast 8 on a Lion OS Mac so you'll need to tell me if any of those are working.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 jimmol

jimmol

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

View Posttsantee, on 30 August 2011 - 06:20 AM, said:

You don't need the install disc to install Toast It and Mount It. They are in the Toast application package so if you had that box checked when you ran the Toast set-up assistant they are there. However, I don't know if the version of Toast It/Mount It included with Toast 8 works with Lion. The only way to check is to control click on a .toast disc image and scroll to the bottom of the contextual menu. If it isn't there then highlight the Services item in the contextual menu and it should appear in the next window that opens.

What happens when you try to mount the disc image from within the Toast application's Copy window?

My brother keeps trying to open .toast image files by double-clicking on them. It doesn't work that way. They have to be mounted using one of the three methods I described previously. However, I don't have Toast 8 on a Lion OS Mac so you'll need to tell me if any of those are working.

I do not have a toast install on my computer here or home. I am sure the disk is around somewhere so the Mount it will have to wait. I did uncheck and recheck in the toast preferences and it made no  difference.

In toast it self, using the mount when in the copy section does not work, gives the error above. Using Utility>Mount Disc Image give a Mac OS Error 2 and the error above. So it looks like the only way to view toast image files is to change it to .dmg as that works. In fact, there is an instant open, no window showing something is mounting.

So it seems that toast 8 works pretty much, as long as it does not access some power PC app to assist it as what seems to happen above.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users