• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuMi-ChAn

SuMi-ChAn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I just bought the software from Best Buy yesterday and can't seem to figure out how to make the dvd's I burn work on my dvd player. Here's what I've tried:
I would open MyDvdExpress (MDE) and click on add new movie and click on my file it would say "The file you are trying to use cannot be edited, and  has not been added." So my went around forum and saw that my file is AVI but is an Xvid so I converted it to a VOB. When I add the new converted file, a pop up appear and says "import movies from VOB" and "please select the movie you want to import" but in the box there are no movies for me to choose; its blank. I am not sure if I am suppose to use a certain file like mpeg,wmv,mkw etc.
I also tried to use the creator classic and I clicked on Multimedia Disc and than the file since I have one AVI and one VOB I tried the avi first and when I burn and play it on my dvd its only play Icons of Discs and files (like a slideshow of clipart) So I tried it on another dvd and it couldn even play. I tried using the VOB file but creator classic would not let me. I am stumped on how to make my files into a DVD so that I can play it on a Dvd Player.

Thank you for you help! SuMi-ChAn :)

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostSuMi-ChAn, on 29 August 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

I just bought the software from Best Buy yesterday and can't seem to figure out how to make the dvd's I burn work on my dvd player. Here's what I've tried:
I would open MyDvdExpress (MDE) and click on add new movie and click on my file it would say "The file you are trying to use cannot be edited, and  has not been added." So my went around forum and saw that my file is AVI but is an Xvid so I converted it to a VOB. When I add the new converted file, a pop up appear and says "import movies from VOB" and "please select the movie you want to import" but in the box there are no movies for me to choose; its blank. I am not sure if I am suppose to use a certain file like mpeg,wmv,mkw etc.
I also tried to use the creator classic and I clicked on Multimedia Disc and than the file since I have one AVI and one VOB I tried the avi first and when I burn and play it on my dvd its only play Icons of Discs and files (like a slideshow of clipart) So I tried it on another dvd and it couldn even play. I tried using the VOB file but creator classic would not let me. I am stumped on how to make my files into a DVD so that I can play it on a Dvd Player.

Thank you for you help! SuMi-ChAn :)

Since the program you bought is cut-down version of the full retail version it will have some features missing or disabled. Thus myDVD Express propably does not accep t DivX and/or Xvid avi files and they will have to be converted to an acceptable format such as mpeg. If you only have the one vob file, you could try changing the extension to mpg and see if you can add it.

Is the program called myDVD part of the program you bought or do you only have myDVD Express?

Where did the vob file come from? How did you create it? A vob is part of a video DVD file structure. Do you have a folder called Video_TS?
Usually there are a number of files with the extension ifo,bup and vob. Together they make up the files on the video DVD.

You cannot just copy files to a DVD as data files and play the DVD on a DVD player. You have to "authour" the DVD which means you have to use a program such as myDVD or myDVD Express to create the DVD. Creator Classic will not do it for you.

What operating system are you running? If Windows 7, does the Roxio program have the W7 on the box? If not then your version is not compatible with W7.

Edited by myguggi, 29 August 2011 - 05:22 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,381,904 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hello SuMi-ChAn,

Please read THIS TOPIC.

It is from some time ago but some of it might well apply to the version that you have.

Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users