higherthani

Blu-Ray Rewritable Disc And Dynamic Writing

Question

I was experimenting for the first time with my new external Blu-Ray drive. I noticed that Toast has a feature that can "Dynamically" write to a BD-RE disc like you would with a hard drive. This feature, after formatting the BD-RE disc for Dynamic Writing, is suppose to create a disc icon on your desktop that you can drag and drop files or folders to it and it will automatically burn to the disc. You can do the opposite and drag a file burned to the disc dynamically to the trash and automatically delete it.

My problem is that after I chose the dynamic Writing format from the Record menu, it completed the formatting but there was "NO" disc icon present on the desk top to do anything dynamically! Has anyone experienced this? What is the work around or solution?

1 answer to this question

Sorry, but I don't have a Blu-ray drive to check this out. It should work. I presume you've ejected and re-inserted the BD-RE disc. Choose Disc Info from Toast's Recorder menu. Does it report the disc correctly? Have you tried running the formatting a second time?