• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Private-Confidential

Private-Confidential

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have a Canon PowerShot SX210 IS.  When I try to edit High Definition video (MOV), I can't capture the sound properly in Roxio editing mode.  I can fix it by using Adobe CS4 media decoder, but I prefer not to have to convert all my video files so that Roxio can properly capture the video.  Any advice?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

View PostPrivate-Confidential, on 31 August 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

I have a Canon PowerShot SX210 IS.  When I try to edit High Definition video (MOV), I can't capture the sound properly in Roxio editing mode.  I can fix it by using Adobe CS4 media decoder, but I prefer not to have to convert all my video files so that Roxio can properly capture the video.  Any advice?

Is it capture or editing those mov files?  Do they play back correctly with whatever video player you have on your computer but the audio is sped up when you try to play or edit the file in Video Wave?

I'm sorry to tell you that this is a common problem with mov files from certain digital imaging cameras.  There is no cure/fix and there may not be one for Creator 2011 since Creator 2012 is now released..

You must use a third party converter to convert the files to mpg2. I use the free "Any Video Converter" that will do batch conversion to HDMpg2 very quickly.

Edited by sknis, 01 September 2011 - 03:13 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

Canon as well as few others can't seem to meet the Standards with their Camera file structure...

End result is, if you want to use them, you will have to convert them ;)

How you get that done is up to you... I would try the Video Copy and convert within the Suite just to see if that makes any difference :huh:

If you do that, try VCC, post back and let us know.
Posted Image

#4 Private-Confidential

Private-Confidential

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

View Postsknis, on 01 September 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

Is it capture or editing those mov files?  Do they play back correctly with whatever video player you have on your computer but the audio is sped up when you try to play or edit the file in Video Wave?

I'm sorry to tell you that this is a common problem with mov files from certain digital imaging cameras.  There is no cure/fix and there may not be one for Creator 2011 since Creator 2012 is now released..

You must use a third party converter to convert the files to mpg2. I use the free "Any Video Converter" that will do batch conversion to HDMpg2 very quickly.

Thanks for your help.  Do you know of Roxio 2012 has a built in fix for this?

#5 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

It's down to the camera makers unfortunately - they can't stick to a standard that can be reliably followed
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,526 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:37 AM

We would sure be happy to run a short 5 - 10 sec sample through 2011 & 2012 and see what happens ;)

Use a service like UpForDown and post a link here after you have uploaded 1 or 2 samples.

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 07 September 2011 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users