• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Please Help Me

Please Help Me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

CD Spin Doctor looks to be a great product-If I could only get it to work.  Right off the bat, the download (for Mac) says it's damaged and to open at your own risk.  Then when you try to install audi support that says it's failed and to contact the manufacturer. Then the manufacturer--yes YOU Roxio--won't take phone calls and puts you through it's gauntlet of web support with solutions that continually do not work.  Nor will any one send me a link to an undamaged DMG that will allow me to actually get the audio capture support to work.  The worst part is the fact that the version 6.1.1s that is supposed to solve these problems--doesn't.  

Resolves issue where system audio capture driver may generate error message on Snow Leopard
Resolves issue that may cause audio waveform not to be drawn correctly for long recordings
Resolves issue that may cause crash when scrubbing back and forth through audio waveform
Resolves several issues related to Auto Music Capture

Maybe, just maybe, it's because the version they have listed is "v6.1.1s."  Yet, the download is only "v6.1.1"--without the friggen "s."

Does any body know how to solve my problem?  I'm feeling ripped off.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Did you purchase the standalone version of CD Spin Doctor or do you have a version that came bundled with Toast? Presuming you have the standalone version you can download the latest version here.

If after getting Spin Doctor installed and launched, if you are still having difficulty getting the online audio capture to work, please post again and let me know what OS version you are running.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Please Help Me

Please Help Me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

View Posttsantee, on 01 September 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Did you purchase the standalone version of CD Spin Doctor or do you have a version that came bundled with Toast? Presuming you have the standalone version you can download the latest version here.

If after getting Spin Doctor installed and launched, if you are still having difficulty getting the online audio capture to work, please post again and let me know what OS version you are running.

I have down loaded that same version three times.  Every time I do I always get, "There may be a problem with this disk image.  Are you sure you want to open it?"  I download it, it run audio capture, and it still does not work."   I just tried the download from your link I had the same problem with the "damaged disk image" message.  Tried installing Audio Capture and it said the "CDSDaudio capturesupport.kext was installed improperly and can not be used."    Any other ideas?

#4 Please Help Me

Please Help Me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

ALSO: I purchased stand alone version of 6.  Previous versions was 5 with Toast 9.

#5 Please Help Me

Please Help Me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:03 PM

View PostPlease Help Me, on 01 September 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

ALSO: I purchased stand alone version of 6.  Previous versions was 5 with Toast 9.

I am using snow leopard.

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostPlease Help Me, on 01 September 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

I am using snow leopard.
I checked the download and got the same message. I don't think anything is wrong with the application itself. The problem with installing the audio capture support probably has to do with Snow Leopard. It can be installed manually, as follows:

1. Control-click on the CD Spin Doctor icon in the Finder and choose Show Package Contents...
2. Open Contents and Resources folders and locate CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.pkg
3. Double-click on that package an proceed with the installation.
4. When it is done you should find the CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext in the System>Library>Extensions folder and it also should appear in the Sound panel in System Preferences.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#7 rzaj

rzaj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

I wanted a version of CD SpinDoctor compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I purchased Toast 11 largely for the SpinDoctor software bundled with it. I shouldn't have to spend hours trying to get the software to do what Roxio claims it can do.

First off, My startup screen looks nothing like what I see in the online User Guide (http://images.roxio....elp_English.pdf)  The "About SpinDoctor X screen notes this is Version 1.0.1 (v582)  I have no SpinDoctor New Project screen as shown on Page 8. I do get a dark grayish screen "Untitled" screen listing sources on the left, that divided into Device and Applications. The Preference screen seems to give options for Auto Define, Advanced and Auto Capture, although Advanced, for example, would only allow me to change the location of the scratch disk. The file drop-down only gives me options for "New," "Open" and "Open Recent." I am given no choice as to Assistant or Advanced Mode.

Now, with version I have, I can capture AIFF audio and see it displayed as a waveform. I can designate tracks and see the tracks displayed as colored bars. The Start Time and End Times on the "General" screen seem to be what I would expect. But here's the thing: The Track Duration indicator is way off. For a track indicated by Start and End times to run approximately 00:01:56.000, the Track Duration is listed as 00:36:31.000. Though Track Durations vary wildly, discrepancies appear for every track. When I export a project to either iTunes or Toast, Individual track duration is consistent with that Track Duration figure (36:31.000 rather than the 01:56.000.) And I play a track in iTunes, it begins someplace in the middle of a completely different track (from the same album, at least.) This is aggravating, to say the least, and more aggravating than useful. And for what I want to do, it's pretty useless. I suspect Roxio had not worked out major bugs before they released the product, which cannot sit well with customers.

Somebody please tell me what I did or didn't do, or can do. What can Roxio do as far as supporting their customers and providing them with a product that fulfills company claims?

Thanks, tsantee, for the tip about trimming in Quicktime. It's a work-around for a pretty serious problem with SpinDoctor. I hope Roxio provides a fix before I return the package.

Edited by rzaj, 19 January 2012 - 11:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users