4 replies to this topic

#1 Themba

Themba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'd first like to apologize for not introducing myself to the thread for new comers, I couldn't find it. I'm from South Africa  by location. I have a Toast 8 Titunum software, within it is a CD Spin Doctor Version 4.0.1.205t. All along the Spin Doctor has been running smooth since the first installation on my iMac core 2 duo desktop (Mac OS X Leopard). It ran smooth too when i moved to OS X Snow Leopard. The problem started when I installed OS X Liion, here the CD spin doctor would not allow me to choose recording quality presets (they are disabled). I don't know whether my spin doctor is not supported by os x lion or what. I will appreciate all the help from experts here. I also hope to make meaningful contribution in the forum. I've attached the screen shots showing this problem on my cd spin doctor on both assisted and advanced modes. Thanks.

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2011-09-04 at 2.28.41 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2011-09-04 at 2.38.57 PM.png

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

I'm surprised it worked as long as it did. It's a pretty safe guess that it doesn't work with Lion.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 jrdallas

jrdallas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Glad to see I am not the only one with this exact problem.  I have been searching everywhere for help.  Have not tried asking Roxio support.  They were unhelpful and frustrating to deal with when I first reported issues with Lion.  Don't waste your time asking them.  We just have to wait for them to post some new response to the Lion issues.
By the way, I am using Toast 10 Titanium so upgrading would do you no good.

Edited by jrdallas, 13 September 2011 - 12:46 PM.

#4 cypherism

cypherism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have Toast 8 which I use alot !
But........ Iv'e just tried to use spin doctor 4 that comes with it and it will not play (spinning wheel) it's the first time Ive used it since going to OSX 10.6.8 (Everything on Mac pro is a clean install)

Does SD4 work on Snow leopard ?

as Ive had a long list of software stop working including Adobe Indesign which really P'd me off as it wasn't cheap and neither is the new version

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,612 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Forget about Spin Doctor. Find something else. For instance, you can capture audio with QuickTime Player or with other apps. You can separate .aiff files to individual tracks with Final Vinyl. The version of CD Spin Doctor bundled with Toast 10 mostly works if that is what you insist on using.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users