5 replies to this topic

#1 SergeyVB

SergeyVB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:56 AM

Hello Gents,

I have baught new version of Creator (2012) a couple of days ago. But I have not found BD player plugin for CinePlayer, as it was a year ago, when I baught Creator 2011. Thank God, CinePlayer BD 5.6 still runs fine after uninstalling Creator 2011 and installing Creator 2012 during upgrade routine.
Please tell me about the future of CinePlayer BD. There isn`t any link to it on Your site at the moment; only to CinePlayer for DVD playback.
Buy the way, here (http://blu-ray-playe...tenreviews.com/) CinePlayer BD has good reference. And I feel the same.

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,875 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

View PostSergeyVB, on 04 September 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

Hello Gents,

I have baught new version of Creator (2012) a couple of days ago. But I have not found BD player plugin for CinePlayer, as it was a year ago, when I baught Creator 2011. Thank God, CinePlayer BD 5.6 still runs fine after uninstalling Creator 2011 and installing Creator 2012 during upgrade routine.
Please tell me about the future of CinePlayer BD. There isn`t any link to it on Your site at the moment; only to CinePlayer for DVD playback.
Buy the way, here (http://blu-ray-playe...enreviews.com/) CinePlayer BD has good reference. And I feel the same.

Thanks in advance,
Sergey

If you have the BR play back plug in for Creator 2011 CinePlayer, install that.   I tried it and it worked.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,673 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

Why upgrade?

The Creator2012 Pro (as well as the Creator 2011 Pro) includes the plugin for authoring BD.  

Attached File  c2012.jpg   79.89K   1 downloads

Edited by malatekid, 04 September 2011 - 06:09 AM.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#4 Jonathan2010

Jonathan2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

View Postmalatekid, on 04 September 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

Why upgrade?

The Creator2012 Pro (as well as the Creator 2011 Pro) includes the plugin for authoring BD.  

Attachment c2012.jpg

Malatekid,

Why upgrade?  Because we want the latest version.  And the fact you point out isn't related to the ability to PLAY Blu-ray content in CinePlayer.  The previous editions of Creator have included a new version (slight updates sometimes) of CinePlayer which have allowed a person to have a multiple format video player.  In previous years, up through last year, if you bought just the Creator Suite (not the Pro edition), you had to buy a plugin to enable CinePlayer to PLAY Blu-Ray discs, and if you wanted, another plugin to enable authoring Blu-ray.  READ CAREFULLY--malatekid.

I am glad someone brought this up though.  I have been looking for the CinePlayer in every spec I could get my hands on and haven't seen it.  Apparently, from the other persons posting in this thread they have phased it out.  Even looking into the separate product, it just takes you to the DVD player, Blu-ray isn't mentioned anymore.

Aside from the mentioned enhancements, would anyone recommend upgrading to 2012 (reg or PRO) for any specific reason?  I'm looking more at it from the performance/reliability aspect.  2011 works really well for me, but I get the upgrade free so I am unsure of whether I want to go through with changing my upgrading my licenses and deploying it to my machines.  I get free upgrades, but no downgrade rights, so...  It just isn't worth it to have conflicting versions of BD viewing plugins for CinePlayer vs. major suite releases, even if the conflict isn't a problem right away.

If anyone has information about what has become of of CinePlayer, or where its development is headed, please share.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

#5 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

Even as it stands, Cineplayer 2011 with the BluRay plugin can't handle certain of the newer titles (and that includes re-releases of things like 'Star Wars')

Basically what happened with the BluRay plugins is that the studios keep changing their encryption methods to try to restrict computer access for reasons best known to themselves.

Dedicated players get regular updates to play the latest piece of Hollywood spam - but for a computer app to get that they want a new license fee

In short, it was becoming impossible to keep up with what the studio lawyers and accountants were asking
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#6 Jonathan2010

Jonathan2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

gi7omy,

Thanks for the breakdown of rationale behind this.  The current version of Cineplayer is always downloading new updates just to be able to play the latest titles, so it would make sense to eliminate it from the product.  It does give me some idea of which direction to go in the future with my Blu-ray player deployments.

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users