• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 147 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SergeyVB

Cineplayer Bd

Question

Hello Gents,

I have baught new version of Creator (2012) a couple of days ago. But I have not found BD player plugin for CinePlayer, as it was a year ago, when I baught Creator 2011. Thank God, CinePlayer BD 5.6 still runs fine after uninstalling Creator 2011 and installing Creator 2012 during upgrade routine.

Please tell me about the future of CinePlayer BD. There isn`t any link to it on Your site at the moment; only to CinePlayer for DVD playback.

Buy the way, here (http://blu-ray-player-software-review.toptenreviews.com/) CinePlayer BD has good reference. And I feel the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sergey

5 answers to this question

Hello Gents,

I have baught new version of Creator (2012) a couple of days ago. But I have not found BD player plugin for CinePlayer, as it was a year ago, when I baught Creator 2011. Thank God, CinePlayer BD 5.6 still runs fine after uninstalling Creator 2011 and installing Creator 2012 during upgrade routine.

Please tell me about the future of CinePlayer BD. There isn`t any link to it on Your site at the moment; only to CinePlayer for DVD playback.

Buy the way, here (http://blu-ray-playe...enreviews.com/) CinePlayer BD has good reference. And I feel the same.

Thanks in advance,

Sergey

If you have the BR play back plug in for Creator 2011 CinePlayer, install that. I tried it and it worked.

Why upgrade?

The Creator2012 Pro (as well as the Creator 2011 Pro) includes the plugin for authoring BD.

post-114-088789900 1315145103.jpg

Malatekid,

Why upgrade? Because we want the latest version. And the fact you point out isn't related to the ability to PLAY Blu-ray content in CinePlayer. The previous editions of Creator have included a new version (slight updates sometimes) of CinePlayer which have allowed a person to have a multiple format video player. In previous years, up through last year, if you bought just the Creator Suite (not the Pro edition), you had to buy a plugin to enable CinePlayer to PLAY Blu-Ray discs, and if you wanted, another plugin to enable authoring Blu-ray. READ CAREFULLY--malatekid.

I am glad someone brought this up though. I have been looking for the CinePlayer in every spec I could get my hands on and haven't seen it. Apparently, from the other persons posting in this thread they have phased it out. Even looking into the separate product, it just takes you to the DVD player, Blu-ray isn't mentioned anymore.

Aside from the mentioned enhancements, would anyone recommend upgrading to 2012 (reg or PRO) for any specific reason? I'm looking more at it from the performance/reliability aspect. 2011 works really well for me, but I get the upgrade free so I am unsure of whether I want to go through with changing my upgrading my licenses and deploying it to my machines. I get free upgrades, but no downgrade rights, so... It just isn't worth it to have conflicting versions of BD viewing plugins for CinePlayer vs. major suite releases, even if the conflict isn't a problem right away.

If anyone has information about what has become of of CinePlayer, or where its development is headed, please share.

Warm regards,

Jonathan

Even as it stands, Cineplayer 2011 with the BluRay plugin can't handle certain of the newer titles (and that includes re-releases of things like 'Star Wars')

Basically what happened with the BluRay plugins is that the studios keep changing their encryption methods to try to restrict computer access for reasons best known to themselves.

Dedicated players get regular updates to play the latest piece of Hollywood spam - but for a computer app to get that they want a new license fee

In short, it was becoming impossible to keep up with what the studio lawyers and accountants were asking

gi7omy,

Thanks for the breakdown of rationale behind this. The current version of Cineplayer is always downloading new updates just to be able to play the latest titles, so it would make sense to eliminate it from the product. It does give me some idea of which direction to go in the future with my Blu-ray player deployments.

Thanks!

Jonathan