Mudaser

Back On Track Repair Kit

Question

Hi, I have a HP netbook 110c, and is came preinstalled with roxio back on track, lst night I tried to restore my netbook to initial settings, but it ended up in giving me an error just after booting up saying "bootmgr is compressed". now i have found that it is an identified problem, and hp redirect to a solution by roxio at http://www.roxio.com/go/bootmgrfix but some how when ever i try to download the utility it gives an error

The maximum allowable downloads for this update has been reached. This is a temporary restriction. Please check back in a few days.

please i am in middle of nowhere and i have to recover my this netbook before i start travelling again in one week, help me in getting this utility.

8 answers to this question

Hello Mudaser,

I get the same error when I try to download it. I have passed this on to a helpful Roxio person to see if he can help us.

Brendon

Hello Mudaser,

I get the same error when I try to download it. I have passed this on to a helpful Roxio person to see if he can help us.

Brendon

thank you very much sir, i need all the help on this issue, i just happen to have a small time to recover this netbook. And I relly will be thankfull to you for this help.

regards..

Guest ivanatrox

While we are still working on fixing the download issue, we have put up a temporary link to download the file in the mean time.

CLICK HERE

Thanks

Ivan

• Like 1

I used the above link and placed the bootfixmgr (or I think that is what it is) on my flash drive and followed the directions from the HP website as mentioned in the first post. However, I cannot get my computer to boot up from my flash drive, even though it is formatted to do so. Could this be because it is a zipped file? When I try to open it before I install it on my computer with the "bootmgr compressed" error that has Roxio installed on it I am directed to "insert the last disk of the mult-volume set and click okay to continue." I would really appreciate some help with this. I was better off before I tried to restore my computer but since I had Roxio I thought it would be the latter.

I also am using a HP mini notebook 110c with an error that the bootmgr is compressed with a Sandisk flash drive that is completely empty prior to putting the solution on it. I have it formatted as NTFS and as a bootable device. Again, I could really use some assistance as I am a full time college online college student so I need my computer and this is a huge inconvenience! I also have an optical drive if that would help but according to HP I cannot boot up from that. Thanks!

Morsteen,

The participants in this topic haven't been on the board since 2011. Please don't "necropost" to long dead topics.