• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AuntJodi

AuntJodi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

I am creating a Blu-ray project.  After I add my HD video file to the My DVD program, and when I Edit the Chapters and add them, whenever I preview the project and select a chapter, it always plays back at the beginning of the production.  My project is only 22 minutes long and I have tried this using other MPG files and the same thing happens.  Any suggestions?  Thank you

#2 AuntJodi

AuntJodi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

Update on this situation...

I thought the problem may be that I am trying to create a Blu-ray production and that maybe it wasn't possible to create chapters in Blu-rays, but that isn't the case.  Regardless if the movie I have added is an MPG file or a Video Wave File, and regardless if i am making a DVD or a Blu-ray, whenever I play the production within the program and regardless of which chapter I select, it starts at the beginning.

I opted to do a complete uninstall using the c2011_cleansystem.bat file and the instructions on your site then re-installed 2011-Professional and the exact same thing happens.  

I haven't actually burned a DVD or a Blu-ray to see if the same thing happens on it, but I'm assuming it will since when I play the production within MyDVD and select any chapter, it starts at the beginning.  I have verified that each chapter is set to start play at the chapter it corresponds to (i.e. Chapter 2 will start at Chapter 2; Chapter 3 will start at Chapter 3; etc.).

In summary, it doesn't matter if I am creating a Blu-ray or a DVD or am adding chapters to a Videowave project or an MPG file--I am able to create the chapters and they properly display and I can highlight them, but when I play any one of them, rather than starting at the chapter, it starts at the beginning of the production.

Thanks for your assistance.

#3 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostAuntJodi, on 05 September 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Update on this situation...

I thought the problem may be that I am trying to create a Blu-ray production and that maybe it wasn't possible to create chapters in Blu-rays, but that isn't the case.  Regardless if the movie I have added is an MPG file or a Video Wave File, and regardless if i am making a DVD or a Blu-ray, whenever I play the production within the program and regardless of which chapter I select, it starts at the beginning.

I opted to do a complete uninstall using the c2011_cleansystem.bat file and the instructions on your site then re-installed 2011-Professional and the exact same thing happens.  

I haven't actually burned a DVD or a Blu-ray to see if the same thing happens on it, but I'm assuming it will since when I play the production within MyDVD and select any chapter, it starts at the beginning.  I have verified that each chapter is set to start play at the chapter it corresponds to (i.e. Chapter 2 will start at Chapter 2; Chapter 3 will start at Chapter 3; etc.).

In summary, it doesn't matter if I am creating a Blu-ray or a DVD or am adding chapters to a Videowave project or an MPG file--I am able to create the chapters and they properly display and I can highlight them, but when I play any one of them, rather than starting at the chapter, it starts at the beginning of the production.

Thanks for your assistance.

Burn a DVD project, not a Blu-ray project, and see if it exhibits the same behavior on the burned DVD.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users