beginner2012

Problems With Installation

Question

I have used Roxio 10 and decided to try Craetor 2012 Pro All I am having is problems. Every time I try to install it on my computer (windows 7 64 bit) it will only install so far and then it says the Wizard has been interrupted and to click finish and try again later. Well many LATERS did not work either. I am looking for help too.

13 answers to this question

I also am getting an error message. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise and previously had Creator 10 installed.

Would you be willing to look at my code and let me know what I need to do ? I attached a doc with the log file contents.

Thanks,

Bill

error.rtf

If you had EMC10 installed, then you need to throughly remove that from the system (it's not compatable with Windows 7) as that has probably messed up your computer

DirectX installation issue.

Try running

setup.exe DisableProducts=DIRECTX_FEB10

I also am getting an error message. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise and previously had Creator 10 installed.

Would you be willing to look at my code and let me know what I need to do ? I attached a doc with the log file contents.

Thanks,

Bill

DirectX installation issue.

Try running

setup.exe DisableProducts=DIRECTX_FEB10

Can you provide a little more direction than that. Which setup.exe file should I run? Thanks for the help.

Bill

The Creator 2012 Setup.exe file.

On the first disc, (boxed set) or where ever you ran it from if you have the download... ;)

Let us know.

The Creator 2012 Setup.exe file.

On the first disc, (boxed set) or where ever you ran it from if you have the download... ;)

Let us know.

I am still getting nowhere. I now get error 000D.

I am still getting nowhere. I now get error 000D.

000D error means that something is missing. From Wiki:

"What causes 000d error code?

A 000d error code is often a result of Microsoft Windows system file corruption. Damaged system entries can be a serious danger to the performance of a personal computer.

There can be many situations that will have resulted in file errors. An unfinished install, a partial uninstall, incorrect erasure of applications or computer hardware. It can also be triggered when a personal computer has caught a a trojan or adware or spyware infection or through an improper shutdown of the personal computer. Many of the above events may well end up in the removal or corruption of Windows system data files. That damaged system file will cause missing or erroneously connected data and archives essential for the proper operation of the system."

Do you have the download or the discs (you were ased before) but I didn't see an answer) . If the download, the files may be corrupted; if the discs, there may be a problem reading from the disc. Copy it to your computer and install from there.

I was installing from a download. I'll either try re-downloading or call customer support. At this point I just want my money back. This is getting ridiculous. I have spent more time trying to get this program to work than I would have actually used the program. If you have more suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. I know that my issues are no one here's issue but I can't believe I am having this much trouble with software that costs this much money.

I am getting an error message: Roxio Creator 2012 Wizard interrupted.

I am running Windows 7.

LogFile 11-10-02 12-51.zip

You seem to have DirectX install issues as well (by coincidence?):

10/02/11 12:51:33 - Action InstallActions.DIRECTX_FEB10.Install failed with exit code 1603.

10/02/11 12:51:33 - Installation failed with error code 1603

10/02/11 12:51:33 - Rolling back installation

Have you tried the various possible solutions to this issue mentioned in the forums?

Edited by Martin Dekker