• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dstx

dstx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:14 PM

I've updated Popcorn 3 to v. 3.0.4 and am having problems burning from a .CDR disk image files on PowerPC OSX 10.4.11.

From 4.19 GB .CDR disk image, I could not select Options. Got spinning wheel, but Popcorn completed burn without any change in settings.

From 7.72 GB .CDR disk image, I could not select Custom from Video within Options in order to delete some of the titles. Got spinning color wheel.
Without change to Video settings, Popcorn crashes before completing burn even though Quality shows "Very Good" after changing Audio to Main (English only) and "Good" before that.

I got the following error when Popcorn crashed.
Could not record the disc because of a Mac OS Error.
Result Code = 1634955892

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

I'm not familiar with what creates a .cdr disk image. I'm presuming that Popcorn mounts the image okay. It sounds to me like something isn't quite right in the VIDEO_TS folder contained within. My guess is Popcorn is having trouble reading the .ifo or locating everything the .ifo claims should be there.

Since you're not trying to retain the original menu try the workaround where you use the Media Browser to extract the videos from the mounted disc image and drag the ones you want to Popcorn's setting where it creates a new video DVD.

Edited by tsantee, 08 September 2011 - 05:36 PM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 dstx

dstx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

.CDR is Mac equivalent of .ISO, created with Mac Disc Utility.
I cannot tell what the files in the Video_TS folder are so I don't know which I want and which I don't.
The file list in Popcorn doesn't work.
When I click on custom, I get the spinning color wheel and can do nothing but force quit from there.
I tried dragging the Video_TS folder to DVD (not Player) in Popcorn instead of loading the image file,
but I get the same result.
I should have read the reviews on Popcorn 3 before buying.
It's a piece of manure like others were saying.
Sure as heck won't buy Toast now, and won't buy Roxio product ever again.
Tech support is even bigger manure than Popcorn ap, just as others said.
Help manual is useless.
Glad I didn't waste more than $10 on this piece of manure.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

View Postdstx, on 11 September 2011 - 05:16 AM, said:

.CDR is Mac equivalent of .ISO, created with Mac Disc Utility.
I cannot tell what the files in the Video_TS folder are so I don't know which I want and which I don't.
The file list in Popcorn doesn't work.
When I click on custom, I get the spinning color wheel and can do nothing but force quit from there.
I tried dragging the Video_TS folder to DVD (not Player) in Popcorn instead of loading the image file,
but I get the same result.
I should have read the reviews on Popcorn 3 before buying.
It's a piece of manure like others were saying.
Sure as heck won't buy Toast now, and won't buy Roxio product ever again.
Tech support is even bigger manure than Popcorn ap, just as others said.
Help manual is useless.
Glad I didn't waste more than $10 on this piece of manure.
So why not burn it with Disk Utility?  These instructions may be helpful. You also should be able to mount the disc image and view its contents with DVD Player. If double-clicking doesn't mount the disc image in the Finder you can mount it with Disk Utility or control-click on it in the Finder and choose Mount It from the contextual menu. (Mount It came from your Popcorn installation).

Popcorn 3 should be working okay on your Mac. It may be a problem with the disc image rather than Popcorn.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 lodhig

lodhig

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

Hi,

The name is in upper case with "_" instead of spaces. That's if you mean the .CDR filename - is this what you intendPosted Image

I've tried converting to a .IMG and then burning that onto the DVD, success is better but not 100%. Plus creating a .IMG is a real nuisance in OSX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users