• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrisjp74

chrisjp74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

I had converted every home made video (mov file) in my computer to mpg format using copy and convert on roxio creator 11.  I was using VLC media player to view them.  I have successfully burned many of the videos to
dvd and a few days ago I went to view one of them on my computer which I have done many times without issue and the audio is WAY behind the video.  I have uninstalled VLC completely and am now using windows media player to view the videos and having the same issue.  I've also tried converting recently made new videos the same way I converted the others and now these videos are also affected so I'm concluding it's not my media player but the copy and convert tool.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How can I fix the other videos that used to work fine and continue to use it to convert new videos?  I'm so disappointed, I loved this program and out of the blue it's no longer working.  Also, I have recently defrargmented my computer and no change.

Edited by chrisjp74, 10 September 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,551 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

View Postchrisjp74, on 10 September 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

I had converted every home made video (mov file) in my computer to mpg format using copy and convert on roxio creator 11.  I was using VLC media player to view them.  I have successfully burned many of the videos to
dvd and a few days ago I went to view one of them on my computer which I have done many times without issue and the audio is WAY behind the video.  I have uninstalled VLC completely and am now using windows media player to view the videos and having the same issue.  I've also tried converting recently made new videos the same way I converted the others and now these videos are also affected so I'm concluding it's not my media player but the copy and convert tool.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How can I fix the other videos that used to work fine and continue to use it to convert new videos?  I'm so disappointed, I loved this program and out of the blue it's no longer working.  Also, I have recently defrargmented my computer and no change.

A little computer maintenance will probably help.  Empty your temp files, and defrag your hard drive, and reboot your computer, for starters.  Then, when you are doing any burning, using VCC, make sure you have any running processes shut down, and make sure your antivirus is disabled.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 chrisjp74

chrisjp74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

View Postgrandpabruce, on 10 September 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

A little computer maintenance will probably help.  Empty your temp files, and defrag your hard drive, and reboot your computer, for starters.  Then, when you are doing any burning, using VCC, make sure you have any running processes shut down, and make sure your antivirus is disabled.

Thanks, I tried all of that.  Have even rebooted several times since in addition to the other things you mentioned.  I actually just downloaded a free software converter and tested some of the videos I was having a problem with and it converted them with no issues.  I then went back and tried to reconvert the "corrupt" files that I converted using VCC and those are still out of sync.  I think I'm going to uninstall Roxio and "fix" all my videos then go from there. Unless you have any other suggestions because I really loved it when it worked :( Thanks for taking the time to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users