• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NTMD8OR

NTMD8OR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

I have been with web support on this issue for some time. I originally installed the software on 9/22/2010 and used it for several months.

After sending the computer in for a hardware failure a couple of months ago, they had recovered the hard drive. When I attempted to reinstall the software a I get a screen that tells me the software is not activated and cannot be validated.

At that point I can go no further with the installation. I have followed all instructions in the web ticket for a clean install to no avail.

Now they are asking me to scan the receipt for proof of purchase. I am in the process of looking for that receipt from a year ago but in the mean time I have sent them a screenshot of the email I received when I registered the product and the DC Key is listed in my account as a registered product.

I Hope this resolves the issue as I do not want to go thru that receipt box if I do not have to. LOL

Has anyone had similar issues?

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

That's definitely odd - 'validation' was only used once by Roxio and that was back on EMC 10 (from 2008)

What might work is a clean uninstall and re-install. Check this forum page first

Edited by gi7omy, 13 September 2011 - 01:21 AM.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users