Sign in to follow this  
Yearjoy

Making A Subtitle Menu Page

Question

I am new to DVDit Pro HD; I have used DSP for years and have many Authors under my belt so most days I am not a moron when it comes to menus and settings.

Here is what I am trying to do:

1. I have three buttons on a menu

English

French

German

2. When one of the buttons is selected I want all movies to play using that subtitle track.

If English all movies will use Subtitle track 1

If French all movies will use Subtitle track 2

If German all movies will use Subtitle track 3

Etc.

3. They should use that track setting when playing all movies and playlist until another subtitle button is selected.

All I want is to have the button universally turn subtitles on and set the track to use.

DSP allows it, How do I make DVDit pro HD do this?

Yearjoy

5 answers to this question

I have tried this way however If I am setting a language for all movies it doesn't give me this option. (the sub stream is grayed out)

The next option is to create a Play list for each language which is not optimal.

Also, is there away to start within a playlist? (Not on the first movie)

Example:

I want to have a button that when hit would play a play-list starting on the 4th movie in that list.

Play list:

Movie 1

Movie 2

Movie 3

Movie 4 <<|

Movie 5

Uses:

If a presentation is interrupted and you want to start where you left off in a play list.

I'm creating a DVD that contains 13 languages. I want to create a menu that allows the viewer to pick a language; say subtitle stream 4, while staying on the menu. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

My understanding is that DVDit Pro HD has to send the viewer to a video track to set the Subtitle track. If not the option to change stays greyed out. Is there a way to stay on the menu? I have been able to do this on every other authoring program I have used but not this one.

Does anyone have a way to do this?

Yearjoy

Thank you for posting my old post; however I have still not received an answer to this question. Because of this I had stop using the program in November and look for other options until now and the same issue has come up.

How it does work:

You pick a movie and set the Audio and Subtitle track.

How it doesn't work:

You don't pick video track; you pick another menu or want to stay on the same menu and you have no choice to pick an Audio or Subtitle track.

I want to be able to set the Audio and Subtitle track from a menu and then continue on that menu until I am ready to play the movies of the DVD. I do not want to have to jump directly to the movie. DSP and Encore both allow for this.

Is this possible or not with this software?

Yearjoy

I'm having the same problem...

I created a project with one movie file and tree different sounds and tree different languages.

By using the buttons on the menu one can change the sound and the subtitles, when I simulate this project it will

work just fine for the sound tracks but it doesn't change the subtitle track !!!

In the button menu i linked this button to "link to sound stream" and also to "link to subtitle stream"...

Why will this not work for the subtitles ???

Kind regards

Luc