• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yearjoy

Yearjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

I am new to DVDit Pro HD; I have used DSP for years and have many Authors under my belt so most days I am not a moron when it comes to menus and settings.

Here is what I am trying to do:

1. I have three buttons on a menu
             English
             French
             German

2. When one of the buttons is selected I want all movies to play using that subtitle track.
            If English all movies will use Subtitle track 1
            If French all movies will use Subtitle track 2
            If German all movies will use Subtitle track 3
            Etc.

3. They should use that track setting when playing all movies and playlist until another subtitle button is selected.

All I want is to have the button universally turn subtitles on and set the track to use.

DSP allows it, How do I make DVDit pro HD do this?

Yearjoy

#2 antonsvideo

antonsvideo

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

go to General Tab and link all you like
http://www.videoprod...udio-stream.png (audio example)

the same applies to subtitles

Edited by antonsvideo, 24 November 2010 - 07:48 PM.

Anton

#3 Yearjoy

Yearjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:48 AM

I have tried this way however If I am setting a language for all movies it doesn't give me this option. (the sub stream is grayed out)

The next option is to create a Play list for each language which is not optimal.

Also, is there away to start within a playlist? (Not on the first movie)

Example:

I want to have a button that when hit would play a play-list starting on the 4th movie in that list.

Play list:
Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3
Movie 4 <<|
Movie 5

Uses:

If a presentation is interrupted and you want to start where you left off in a play list.

#4 Yearjoy

Yearjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'm creating a DVD that contains 13 languages. I want to create a menu that allows the viewer to pick a language; say subtitle stream 4, while staying on the menu. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

My understanding is that DVDit Pro HD has to send the viewer to a video track to set the Subtitle track. If not the option to change stays greyed out. Is there a way to stay on the menu? I have been able to do this on every other authoring program I have used but not this one.

Does anyone have a way to do this?

Yearjoy

#5 Yearjoy

Yearjoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Thank you for posting my old post; however I have still not received an answer to this question. Because of this I had stop using the program in November and look for other options until now and the same issue has come up.

How it does work:
You pick a movie and set the Audio and Subtitle track.

How it doesn't work:
You don't pick video track; you pick another menu or want to stay on the same menu and you have no choice to pick an Audio or Subtitle track.

I want to be able to set the Audio and Subtitle track from a menu and then continue on that menu until I am ready to play the movies of the DVD. I do not want to have to jump directly to the movie. DSP and Encore both allow for this.

Is this possible or not with this software?

Yearjoy

#6 luc384

luc384

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm having the same problem...

I created a project with one movie file and tree different sounds and tree different languages.
By using the buttons on the menu one can change the sound and the subtitles, when I simulate this project it will
work just fine for the sound tracks but it doesn't change the subtitle track !!!
In the button menu i linked this button to "link to sound stream" and also to "link to subtitle stream"...

Why will this not work for the subtitles ???

Kind regards

Luc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users