5 replies to this topic

#1 San Antonio Wedding Planne

San Antonio Wedding Planne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

.Thank you for the help with the Roxio Photo Show

Edited by San Antonio Wedding Planne, 10 February 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

Best Answer

I have never used PhotoShow but I do see a couple of questions that will need to be addressed…

HOW are you downloading? What format are you getting?

When you say ’randomly’ do you mean you are making multiple downloads and only some of them are silent?

Or are you downloading different projects and some of them are silent?

You mentioned burning them on a CD? Is that really how you intend to distribute them? I ask because that will be unusable to the majority of those receiving a CD… <_<

By the way, that cake shot sent me to the fridge to munch on a cookie that I really don't need :P
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

View PostExquisite Events by Julia, on 13 September 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

When I make a photoshow with short video clips included, some audio does not work on the videos. It works fine in play photoshow mode, but once I try to download it , in order to burn the CD it plays in silence. This only happens randomly. Very frustrating, as what I am working on is a wedding video and I would really appreciate help. http://www.photoshow.../watch/WZ6nh5XE It is the videos that have the mother of the bride and then the best man and maid of honor giving the toasts ( the most important parts of the entire event basically ). The odd thing is , other video clips, for example of the ceremony and of the father giving his toast are loud and clear, same date, same camera, same camera card.

I use PhotoShow frequently.  Did you fix the issue?  I hear the audio on the on-line PhotoShow.   Before I go further,  are you saying that you don't her the audio if you download as a mp4 file or are you saying you are not getting the audio if you download the entire PhotoShow t(as is) to Your Desktop version of V6?

What are you playing the mp4 file with or what are you trying to play the PhotoShow with?  

I see that you have 13 other PhotoShows; did you have issues with any of them?

I agree that CDs are the wrong way to go.  DVD blanks don't cost that much more are are compatible with more players and all computers.   The quality of a VCD is poor and there is nothing you can do about it.

Just a question, did you play the entire PhotoShow on-line?  There are some questionable use of music (first piece played 1 1/2 times) other pieces of music are played for only a phrase otr two.  There are also some video edits that should be made to cut out bad sections. Sorry, you are the professional and I should not criticize.  I apologize.

Edited by sknis, 13 September 2011 - 07:29 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 San Antonio Wedding Planne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Thanks

Edited by San Antonio Wedding Planne, 10 February 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostExquisite Events by Julia, on 14 September 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

I meant to say DVD, not CD, and there are times when two particular clips play fine until I download it, the entire photo show, then, for some reason when I play it from there, the two video clips are silent. I figured out that if I put a photo in between them rather than hve them back to back, they work for some reason. Yes, the video needs to be edited, in a big way, but I didn't want to waste time doing so, if I was going to have to give up on this Roxio program and move on to another.

Too bad, you had a lot of time invested in PhotoShow. :(  

My suggestion is to buy something like Creator 2012 or  VHS to DVD (limited to video work) and to make video files that you could add to your own web site.  Web sites are really inexpensive now and they give you more prestige than going to a PhotoShow web site.  Of course either of the above will make DVDs.  For your web site, you could use wmv files or FLV (Creator does not do flv).

karri put together a lot of tutorials on Video Wave (the video editing part of Creator 2012) for an earlier version.  You can substitute video for images in the tutorials.  Look at these (link).

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 San Antonio Wedding Planne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

Thanks

Edited by San Antonio Wedding Planne, 10 February 2012 - 05:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users